Where are all of the Fred Jackson should be starting threads?

PDaDdy

Don't get me wrong, I LIKE Fred Jackson. Freddie hasn't been setting the world on fire and it hasn't been for lack of opportunity. He seemed to have some good success when Butler was starting RT and Bell was at least present at LT but not too much since. I'm actually surprised that Lynch has been able to do what he has. He never got a chance to have a single carry behind the day 1 starting line that looked almost competent in run blocking for Freddie the first couple weeks.

All the jackson threads got burried when we found out our season was shot. they all got burried by "who is our next coach, who is our next qb, ralph is insane, who is our next GM, it all starts in the trenches, and why/why not the bills will move.

Those are indeed pressing issues but I can't believe that nobody has a Lynch VS Jackson opinion. I am personally glad we have both but some people were campaigning REALLY hard for Jackson to the point that they were claiming that Lynch sucks and can't hit non existent holes.

Don't get me wrong, I LIKE Fred Jackson. Freddie hasn't been setting the world on fire and it hasn't been for lack of opportunity. He seemed to have some good success when Butler was starting RT and Bell was at least present at LT but not too much since. I'm actually surprised that Lynch has been able to do what he has. He never got a chance to have a single carry behind the day 1 starting line that looked almost competent in run blocking for Freddie the first couple weeks.

Jackson had his first what i guess you would call bad game last week, he should be the starter, but with little chance of making the playoffs, idiots in charge of the team and him being locked up he will start once again when mashawn either gets in trouble,is traded, or contract runs out. I guess for now we have to watch him split time with a far inferior back, lynch had one good game last week, received well the week before but had 8 carries for 4 yds. the week before, don't kid yourself he didn't tear it up either. The first three games all purpose wise fred jackson was the third most productive back in a three game span, barring two hall of famers, mashawn hasn't had a stretch like that yet, in how many starts?

Those are indeed pressing issues but I can't believe that nobody has a Lynch VS Jackson opinion. I am personally glad we have both but some people were campaigning REALLY hard for Jackson to the point that they were claiming that Lynch sucks and can't hit non existent holes.

Its hard for folks to deny the reality:

1. There are bigger problems leading to poor performance than a Lynch v. Jackson debate

2. Jackson is by far the better performer this year, but Lynch is by far younger as this year is less and less a question this debate would be more about future years.

3. You clearly need two credible RBs in today's NFL and any debate between Lynch or Jax is just a fantasy about who the new #2 would be.

The mass of these issues and other thoughts simply make any debate pretty esoteric even for TSW.

so then, is this is a 'nyea nyea, i told you so' thread, or are you really longing to see some 'fred jackson should be starting' threads? :devil:

Jackson shouldnt be starting over Lynch, that may have some reason why there havent been more Fred Jackson should be starting thread. Maybe if we can throw out this chicken sh*t offense and pound the ball we will start to see this.

I think its past the point of caring who is starting at Rb...Should be when can our HOF(lol) owner get his head out of his ass and run this team like he wants to win a Superbowl instead of how many millions they can bury me with in my coffiin!!!

Jackson had his first what i guess you would call bad game last week, he should be the starter, but with little chance of making the playoffs, idiots in charge of the team and him being locked up he will start once again when mashawn either gets in trouble,is traded, or contract runs out. I guess for now we have to watch him split time with a far inferior back, lynch had one good game last week, received well the week before but had 8 carries for 4 yds. the week before, don't kid yourself he didn't tear it up either. The first three games all purpose wise fred jackson was the third most productive back in a three game span, barring two hall of famers, mashawn hasn't had a stretch like that yet, in how many starts?

Jackson came out on fire. It would have been nice to see Lynch run behind the opening day line so that we were actually comparing apples to apples. Since we can't use the "wayback machine" and un-suspend Lynch we don't know that Lynch wouldn't have been even more productive than Fred.

What we can do is compare their performances in the games they have played together behind the exact same line. The offense in general has stunk but I certainly don't see anything that makes Jackson a clear starter over Lynch. To my eyes Lynch looks like the better back.

What do you say we give the significantly younger guy a little more time to get a full 2 years of games under his feet?

Oh awesome a "where are ___ threads" ie "Look at me" thread. There's not enough of those. Hopefully this works out better than the "Where are the Trent bashers" thread after week 2. Speaking of which, where are the "where are the Trent bashers" thread starters now?

so then, is this is a 'nyea nyea, i told you so' thread, or are you really longing to see some 'fred jackson should be starting' threads? :devil:

LOL...I would go more with the "nyea nyea" thread but then again this is one of those "you already knew the answer to your own question" posts :thumbdown:

I just love to give people that express such incredibly strong opinions and call everyone else names another chances to try to back up their words. ESPECIALLY when it appears that their stance and condescending tone was unwarranted.

Oh awesome a "where are ___ threads" ie "Look at me" thread.

LOL. I don't need to look for attention on an internet forum. But I DO love a bit of I told you so. If you're going to express such strong opinions and call everyone else stupid, unaware, blah blah blah YOU BETTER BE RIGHT!!!

Sorry if you were in the Jackson should start, Marshawn can't hit a whole camp. My condolences. Hey at least I am fair about it. If you legitimately catch me being jerk, which isn't always hard, LOL, and more importantly being very wrong on a subject feel free to call me out on it. Challenge me to so boldly and arrogantly continue to back a view point that was wrong.

One of the biggest problem with internet boards is the anonymity afforded you by a username. People of character can admit they are wrong instead of continuing to deny that their viewpoint was wrong!! I give the opportunity for people to show their character and admit they were wrong OR continue to deny it and defend themselves and attempt to twist things to not have to admit the obvious.

Just havin' a little fun if it didn't ruin your day.

LOL. I don't need to look for attention on an internet forum. But I DO love a bit of I told you so. If you're going to express such strong opinions and call everyone else stupid, unaware, blah blah blah YOU BETTER BE RIGHT!!!

Sorry if you were in the Jackson should start, Marshawn can't hit a whole camp. My condolences. Hey at least I am fair about it. If you legitimately catch me being jerk, which isn't always hard, LOL, and more importantly being very wrong on a subject feel free to call me out on it. Challenge me to so boldly and arrogantly continue to back a view point that was wrong.

One of the biggest problem with internet boards is the anonymity afforded you by a username. People of character can admit they are wrong instead of continuing to deny that their viewpoint was wrong!! I give the opportunity for people to show their character and admit they were wrong OR continue to deny it and defend themselves and attempt to twist things to not have to admit the obvious.

Just havin' a little fun if it didn't ruin your day.

1. Learn how to spell hole.

2. Show me link to post where I said Jackson should start.

3. STFU

In any case, one of the biggest problems with internet boards is blowhards who ignore a game or games when it's convenient for them, but then declares themself "proven correct" after a sample size of one game. What is Lynch's excuse for the stellar performance vs. Miami in Toronto last year?

1. Learn how to spell hole.

2. Show me link to post where I said Jackson should start.

3. STFU

In any case, one of the biggest problems with internet boards is blowhards who ignore a game or games when it's convenient for them, but then declares themself "proven correct" after a sample size of one game. What is Lynch's excuse for the stellar performance vs. Miami in Toronto last year?

1) Thank you for pointing out my spelling mistake. This clearly makes you superior.

2) Perhaps you should have spent more time on UNDERSTANDING the words you read instead of only focusing on how to spell them. I said "Sorry if you were in the Jackson should start, Marshawn can't hit a 'whole' camp." This implies uncertainty not a confirmed claim you were in the camp.

3) Childish response I should expect from a some loser that has internet forum muscles. I guess it's better to do it here than in real life where you would constantly be getting your face pushed in!

Oh and please tell me what games I have forgotten? Seeing as how I referenced them all I think you might be a bit off there sparky. I'm glad you have a spell/grammar checker but please respond when you have something to say worth more than the turds you leave in the bowl.

jackson is still the better OVERALL back and should be starting.

marshawn will start dancing behind the line again tomorrow. write it down now.......oh wait, i just did :devil:

Sadly I don't think there will be many holes for either of our RBs to run through. If that is the case as usual I hope I do see Marshawn dancing behind the line again making people look stupid and picking up positive yards on plays where there should have been a sure loss in the backfield. Nothing worse in my eyes than running into the back of your own lineman or an opposing defender because that was where the hole was SUPPOSED to be. I'm sure Barry Sanders had his detractors too so everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Jackson earlier and Lynch last week have been some of the few bright spots on the offensive side of the ball. I guess I just don't see why some have to run down Lynch even if they think Jackson should get the nod. He was an alternate but was a pro bowler. It really is sad that as Bills fans we find something negative to say about the pitiful handful of pro bowlers that we have actually had on this team.

Maybe we deserve what we get!

Sadly I don't think there will be many holes for either of our RBs to run through. If that is the case as usual I hope I do see Marshawn dancing behind the line again making people look stupid and picking up positive yards on plays where there should have been a sure loss in the backfield. Nothing worse in my eyes than running into the back of your own lineman or an opposing defender because that was where the hole was SUPPOSED to be. I'm sure Barry Sanders had his detractors too so everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Jackson earlier and Lynch last week have been some of the few bright spots on the offensive side of the ball. I guess I just don't see why some have to run down Lynch even if they think Jackson should get the nod. He was an alternate but was a pro bowler. It really is sad that as Bills fans we find something negative to say about the pitiful handful of pro bowlers that we have actually had on this team.

Maybe we deserve what we get!

first of all, i don't think marshawn and barry sanders should be mentioned in the same breath, especially when trying to defend a stance on marshawn's game. barry sanders is possibly the G.O.A.T. and marshawn is a multiple time crime offender.

second, the pro bowl doesn't mean a thing. hasn't for a long time.

now you might have an ax to grind had lynch made ALL-PRO, but there are many players that have made the pro bowl and not deserved it due to fan voting. the pro bowl has no credibility.

first of all, i don't think marshawn and barry sanders should be mentioned in the same breath, especially when trying to defend a stance on marshawn's game. barry sanders is possibly the G.O.A.T. and marshawn is a multiple time crime offender.

second, the pro bowl doesn't mean a thing. hasn't for a long time.

now you might have an ax to grind had lynch made ALL-PRO, but there are many players that have made the pro bowl and not deserved it due to fan voting. the pro bowl has no credibility.

riiiight...I'll trust your opinion over the coaches, players, GMs and scouts whose opinions count more the fan voting or your's or mine.

How does it feel to be so self important that you think your opinion means more than there's when it comes to evaluating talent? Seriously this is our problem. We get a guy or two in the pro bowl and we can't even give them props for it and we run them down.

You can debate this guy over that guy in a few instances but long story short you don't get there by being average or sucking.