Defense stunk it up.

Guest BackInDaDay

Guest BackInDaDay

First off, I was all for cutting Sam Adams after his insubordination a few weeks ago, so I've got to give him his props for showing up strong since then.

Now with that said, where were the rest of 'em?!

Out of NE's first four possessions they drove for scores three times -

12 plays / 81 yards / FG

11 plays / 91 yards / FG

11 plays / 75 yards / TD.

When the game was still a game of field-position, they were pushed all over the field. Our impatience with a north/south running game (that's another story :blink: ) after falling behind slightly didn't help, but the D never gave the O chance to right themselves.

Our DEs had no push upfield and couldn't contain the end.

Schobel has no answer to a physical OT, let alone double-teams, and Kelsay disappeared again.

Posey was invisible and Fletcher should have been!

Man is this guy over-rated! Just once I'd like to see him get his shoulder into a hit! He's not even agile enough to cover a stumbling TE on his own goalline! Damn.

And can we find some DBs who can stay on their feet?

McGee and Reese should be playing Arena League, and Milloy making tackles 15 yards from the LOS doesn't impress me. why isn't he upfield quicker in run support?

This was a crap effort and most of these guys punked out worse than Bledsoe! :D

I guess this didn't matter though.......

-------------

Whatever. You guys are completely missing the point.

First drive for the Pats 3 points.

Second drive for the Pats punt

Third drive for the Pats 3 points

Fourth drive for the pats TD.

What did we do with the ball?

First drive 8 plays punt

Second drive 5 plays punt

Third Drive 2 plays Int

Fourth drive 3 plays punt.

Interesting that we didn't give up a TD until the D was forced to play 26 plays in a period of 5 offensive plays.

YOU CAN'T DO THAT ON THE ROAD!!!

The D got shelled after they gave the O a chance in the first three drives. Think about it two FG'S and a punt and the Bills O gives the D 5 plays on offense for all their hard work. It's baloney.

Out of NE's first four possessions they drove for scores three times -

12 plays / 81 yards / FG

11 plays / 91 yards / FG

11 plays / 75 yards / TD.

118043[/snapback]

That's been my point about the Defense all day. There is no excuse for those drives, they were in the beginning of the game before they could have been tired. The 91 yard drive they had them at the 2, and let them storm out of there. Terrible, absolutely terrible. :blink:

Shobel played like a coward yesterday. He didn't give a stevestojan.

Our O-line was once again played like girls. They couldn't push anyone off the line at all. That alone was embarassing. Willis did squat.

Someone tell me again how it's Travis who can't run anymore.

That damned line is continues to regress. It's time for a complete overhaul.

Guest BackInDaDay
I guess this didn't matter though.......

-------------

Whatever. You guys are completely missing the point.

First drive for the Pats 3 points.

Second drive for the Pats punt

Third drive for the Pats 3 points

Fourth drive for the pats TD.

What did we do with the ball?

First drive 8 plays punt

Second drive 5 plays punt

Third Drive 2 plays Int

Fourth drive 3 plays punt.

Interesting that we didn't give up a TD until the D was forced to play 26 plays in a period of 5 offensive plays.

YOU CAN'T DO THAT ON THE ROAD!!!

The D got shelled after they gave the O a chance in the first three drives. Think about it two FG'S and a punt and the Bills O gives the D 5 plays on offense for all their hard work. It's baloney.

118055[/snapback]

Our opening drive we ran McGahee 5 times for 19 yards, and Bledsoe was 3 for 3 with 26 yds. The O made two first downs and elected to punt the ball to give the Pats a long field.

The Pats drove from their 10 to our 9 and took a 3-0 lead.

On our second drive we only ran twice for 0 yards, and set up to pass 3 times. Bledsoe ran for 8, but went 0 for 2. So we punt, and give them the ball at their 20.

Adams makes a great play sacking Brady, leading to their 3 and out.

On our third possesion, we start at our 42 with an 11 yard McGahee run, and then DB throws the pick at their 3.

The Pats go from their 3 to our 6 and take a 6-0 lead.

On our fourth possession we go 3 and out (McGahee 1 for 2 yards and DB goes 0 for 2) and punt to their 25.

This time the Pats go 75 yards for the TD.

I think we gave up trying to run the ball between the tackles too soon.

We out-smarted ourselves, squandering great field position. Even one of WM's successful runs came on what appeared to be a busted play(flea-flicker). But the point is, had our D been able to keep us in the game until half-time, maybe our coaches would correct their offensive game-plan. Playing Belichik's champs in their house, do you actually think you're gonna get more than 13 - 16 points?

Some games are like prize-fights. The opponents have to feel each other out, seeing what the other guy counters with when you throw this or that at them. We took way too many shots while trying to solve their D.

We got pushed around!