Private sector development is bad

GG

especially, when it involves tossing out people from lower income strata out of their homes....

... unless you're a well connected donor to the party of people.

- Let's hope the Court applies sense and law this time.

GG,

I don't understand why the right would even care. It's like complaining that the girls you snuggled in the backseat of your Pinto didn't win Prom Queen. Who gives a darn....move on right wing developers and property owners...move on and get over your hatred.

GG,

I don't understand why the right would even care. It's like complaining that the girls you snuggled in the backseat of your Pinto didn't win Prom Queen. Who gives a darn....move on right wing developers and property owners...move on and get over your hatred.

Won't happen. This country feeds on hatred- it is what they enjoy doing.

GG,

Ah, the big, bad right, eh? In 2005 the US Supreme Court ruled on Eminent Domain for the taking of property for a private use and they decided that it could be done. Guess who voted for it? The five liberal justices. Guess who voted against it? The three conservative justices. (Rehnquist was ill)

I hate to generalize, but liberals tend to be the most ill-informed Kool-Aide drinking people of all.

Ah, the big, bad right, eh? In 2005 the US Supreme Court ruled on Eminent Domain for the taking of property for a private use and they decided that it could be done. Guess who voted for it? The five liberal justices. Guess who voted against it? The three conservative justices. (Rehnquist was ill)

I hate to generalize, but liberals tend to be the most ill-informed Kool-Aide drinking people of all.

You have to know your audience...

GG,

I never hated my girlfriends that much to put them in the back seat of a Pinto.

GG,

I think BishopHedd has inadvertently spawned another PPP colloquialism with this same response in the Nobel Prize thread.

Somehow I see a lot of "girls in the back of Pintos" in our future :unsure:

• 1 month later...

Well, the NYS courts basically said it's totally fine under NY law to evict poor people so that politically connected donors can build palaces.

Nice to know that NYS legislature didn't change its laws protecting private property from encroachment by other private parties. Good job, party of the people.

did this "girlfriend'" have five sisters that went everywhere with her????? :thumbsup:

No LOL. In the first 2 months of dating her, I sold the Pacer and got something more respectable. That girl is now my wife of 22 years. If not for the car change, it might have tanked. She had higher expectations.

GG,

I don't understand why the right would even care. It's like complaining that the guy you were playing footsie with under the stall didn't give you the courtesy of a reach-around. Who gives a darn....move on right wing developers and property owners...move on and get over your hatred.

Fixed

No LOL. In the first 2 months of dating her, I sold the Pacer and got something more respectable. That girl is now my wife of 22 years. If not for the car change, it might have tanked. She had higher expectations.

Ya... Like the AMC Pacer is any worse than the Honda Fit or Nissan Cube... My how times have changed. :thumbsup::censored: