Healthy toddler refused coverage by those oh so altruistic insurance c

Calling a 17 pound 4 month old baby a "risk" is stupid. Kids grow at different rates, this doesn't mean he'll be a 400 pound teenager.

But perhaps it increases the statistical likliehood that he will be obese? Statistics are, after all, what makes insurance viable.

So what exactly are you saying? That there is no actuarial difference between the expected outlays for a 17 pound baby and one born at a normal weight? Or that an insurance company has no business taking their statistical models into account when devising policies?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But perhaps it increases the statistical likliehood that he will be obese? Statistics are, after all, what makes insurance viable.

So what exactly are you saying? That there is no actuarial difference between the expected outlays for a 17 pound baby and one born at a normal weight? Or that an insurance company has no business taking their statistical models into account when devising policies?

don't you know, it's evil to make money.

Until something happens to cause your ability to get insurance happens. The day that happens is the day you jump on the public option bandwagon, but as long as things are peaceful and happy in the Adams' household nary a thought will be given to the plight of others.

Compassionate Conservatism. Oxymoron.

The point, IMO, is that there are any insurance companies who do this. Calling a 17 pound 4 month old baby a "risk" is stupid. Kids grow at different rates, this doesn't mean he'll be a 400 pound teenager.

Not sure why you'd look in a mirror and automatically assume anyone else follows your progression of logic, but having read JA's posts for a long time, I truly doubt you have that one pegged correctly.

Steely Dan. Like an oxymoron, just without the oxy.

The point, IMO, is that there are any insurance companies who do this. Calling a 17 pound 4 month old baby a "risk" is stupid. Kids grow at different rates, this doesn't mean he'll be a 400 pound teenager.

How do you feel about those little disclaimers on menus that goes something like this. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone? Have you ever heard the term "making a business decision"? But I'm about to say something that may just blow your mind. Insurance companies do not have to offer service to everyone that fills out an application.

What does this have to do with a hostile guy who chokes female co-wrokers and is denied coverage because the insurance company doesn't know when co-workers hubby, boy-friend, or dad is going to track his ass down and load him full of heavy metal.

This is all about Obama and his hippie mother who died because the evil insurance company refused her coverage when she applied when coming back to Hawaii because she already had cancer. He just wants everyone to feel like he did. NSFW, Very NSFW.

I love Trudi on that show. She is so weird, I am always rolling on the floor.

How do you feel about those little disclaimers on menus that goes something like this. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone? Have you ever heard the term "making a business decision"? But I'm about to say something that may just blow your mind. Insurance companies do not have to offer service to everyone that fills out an application.

But health insurance is a right not a priviledge.

They obviously need another insurance plan. Good thing they have the free market to help them find one.

By the way, please sign me up for the health plan that has 30% less in premiums because they don't take fat people. Or smokers.

Just curious... when you say fat are you using a BMI calculator to figure that out?

Just curious... when you say fat are you using a BMI calculator to figure that out?

BMI is highly imperfect but if that's the measure one company uses, sign me up. NFL players won't be allowed in the plan but that's life. Other companies can use other obesity measures.

It's nice to have choices.

We have the best doctors. We have the best medicines. We have the best hospitals. Why are Americans not as healthy as many other countries? Not because we lack a public universal healthcare option. But because of choices, one of which is that Americans eat too much and exercise too little.

BMI is highly imperfect but if that's the measure one company uses, sign me up. NFL players won't be allowed in the plan but that's life. Other companies can use other obesity measures.

It's nice to have choices.

We have the best doctors. We have the best medicines. We have the best hospitals. Why are Americans not as healthy as many other countries? Not because we lack a public universal healthcare option. But because of choices, one of which is that Americans eat too much and exercise too little.

Glad you agree with me in that the BMI calculator is imperfect. And you are right, we do have the best doctors. We have the best medicines. We have the best hospitals. Just to bad not everyone have the best insurance coverage or at least adequate insurance coverage. God willing Americans will take better care of themselves so that they won't need good insurance coverage.

Not "those insurance companies", you retard. "An" insurance company.

And the kid's already covered by an existing insurance policy. The parents were shopping around for less expensive alternatives to their existing policy...you know, kind-of like the administration plans with their "exchange" idea? :censored:

Nice reading comprehension there, bonehead.

I don't think they would cover the kid if he were boiled in spring water by Earth First. :wallbash::wallbash::lol: