Season Ticket Holders

BillsVet

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Being a former season ticket holder, I can't believe how going to a game has become less about watching the game and more about getting blind drunk. The majority of Bills fans go for the party and not the game and that is not going to stop. Ralphy the Prune and his gaggle of dummies who run the team knows that so those who support the team are as much a part of the problem as the powers that be.

Being a former season ticket holder, I can't believe how going to a game has become less about watching the game and more about getting blind drunk. The majority of Bills fans go for the party and not the game and that is not going to stop.

It has been that way for as long as I have been going (20 years).

It has been that way for as long as I have been going (20 years).

It wasn't as out of control in the late 80's and 90's when the Bills were winning. It was a much more celebritory atmospere. Obviously we were much better back then and I'm sure that has a lot to do with it. I just don't get going to an NFL game and paying all of that money to get blind drunk. You get one of these idiots sitting next to you and it ruins the whole game experience.

It wasn't as out of control in the late 80's and 90's when the Bills were winning. It was a much more celebritory atmospere. Obviously we were much better back then and I'm sure that has a lot to do with it. I just don't get going to an NFL game and paying all of that money to get blind drunk. You get one of these idiots sitting next to you and it ruins the whole game experience.

John you are right. Now it is a bunch of mostly younger out-of-control crowd who don't act with that behavior any where else. They use the game as an excuse to allow anything goes. As proof, how come you don't see this at Sabre games?

And now as a bonus, you can get run down as you walk through the parking lots and roads

I'm hoping to get close enough that Jauron can hear me yell at him. And hopefully close enough that I can throw things at him. Just kidding.

I know you're a fan and you love going to the games but if fans like you keep renewing their tickets things will never change. OBD thrives on suckers like you, the people who fell for the "No Huddle Comeback" and the TO move. Proifit margins count more than wins and all you're doing is telling them that the product on the field is great! As much as you don't want to admit it, you are a big part of the problem.

John you are right. Now it is a bunch of mostly younger out-of-control crowd who don't act with that behavior any where else. They use the game as an excuse to allow anything goes. As proof, how come you don't see this at Sabre games?

And now as a bonus, you can get run down as you walk through the parking lots and roads

I hate to pick on the younger fans because I'm only 30 but I always wonder, what if these people were to see their bosses or clients? My buddy's Wife stopped going to games years ago because her jackoff husband would get into fights all of the time and she is a school teacher. The last 3 games that we've gone to, someone within a couple of seats was either puking or getting puked on. Last game we brought a poncho as a joke!

BillsVet - first and foremost, I applaud you on a great question / post. Enough of how crappy this organizaiton is.

Wow - what will it take, there are so many things they need, I am going to cop out and say anything that gives me hope we are going in the right direction. This includes bringing in new "football" people to run the front office to make personnel deciisons, replacing the head coach and bringing in talent for obvious holes, most notably, Offenseive Tackle and Linebacker. I am sure they will do one of these, but all three, I am thinking Ralph will not invest the money or hand over the keys...

BillsVet - first and foremost, I applaud you on a great question / post. Enough of how crappy this organizaiton is.

Wow - what will it take, there are so many things they need, I am going to cop out and say anything that gives me hope we are going in the right direction. This includes bringing in new "football" people to run the front office to make personnel deciisons, replacing the head coach and bringing in talent for obvious holes, most notably, Offenseive Tackle and Linebacker. I am sure they will do one of these, but all three, I am thinking Ralph will not invest the money or hand over the keys...

Frankly, there's nothing more to say about the franchise, owner, coach, and players. Nothing.

I sit in 123 and Sunday's game was brutal, as I'm sure most fans would agree who witnessed that football debacle. I admit returning in 2009 to see TO, but the product seems to worsen each season. That said, I've got to re-evaluate how much I'm going to commit if the team is using gimmicks and keeping the same failed crew.

Each fan has a threshold for how much they're willing to take. I'm 30, and between the decade of losing and owner's advanced age, there's very little to keep watching in person for. Unless of course they hire some people who know what they're doing. Personally, I doubt it but who knows with RW.

Actually, the behavior hasn't changed at all. You just got older.

I know you're a fan and you love going to the games but if fans like you keep renewing their tickets things will never change. OBD thrives on suckers like you, the people who fell for the "No Huddle Comeback" and the TO move. Proifit margins count more than wins and all you're doing is telling them that the product on the field is great! As much as you don't want to admit it, you are a big part of the problem.

I know what you mean. But I feel like I'm caught between a rock and a hard place.

One the one hand I love football and the Bills and it's a great way to spend a Sunday, especially since I always go with my father. Sort of a tradition of ours.

Things are down and have been for a long time but I know one day it'll get turned around. We've had our peaks and valleys like any other franchise. Of course this is a deep valley and some teams have it worse than others.

If fans like me don't renew their tickets, it gives people the ammo to say the Bills aren't profitable in WNY and they get packed up and moved out of town. Who wants that?

You say I'm part of the problem. I say real fans stick by their team through thick and thin, the good times and the bad. And when the Bills finally do turn it around, I'll have great seats. :wallbash:

I know what you mean. But I feel like I'm caught between a rock and a hard place.

One the one hand I love football and the Bills and it's a great way to spend a Sunday, especially since I always go with my father. Sort of a tradition of ours.

Things are down and have been for a long time but I know one day it'll get turned around. We've had our peaks and valleys like any other franchise. Of course this is a deep valley and some teams have it worse than others.

If fans like me don't renew their tickets, it gives people the ammo to say the Bills aren't profitable in WNY and they get packed up and moved out of town. Who wants that?

You say I'm part of the problem. I say real fans stick by their team through thick and thin, the good times and the bad. And when the Bills finally do turn it around, I'll have great seats. :wallbash:

Tugging at the heartstrings...you bastard!

Things don't change without drastic actions. I always ignored the "Ralph is a cheap SOB" stuff but it is undeniable now. The Peters situation, bringing in 100 veteran LB's and not signing one of em and the L. Walker debacle. The TO signing was nothing more than a marketing ploy to fill the seats and they did.

So what your basically saying is that you'd rather the Bills stay here and put out this sh*t product year after year then leave? I just don't get that thought process and if that is your way of thinking then again, you are just as much a part of the problem as OBD. You're an Enron employee who ignores that the walls are crumbling down around you and presses on. You're a Madoff investor who is thrilled with the impossible ROI that you are getting and never asks questions.

Even if it's one game where the fans don't buy beer/food or swallow their tix or park everywhere else except the Bills lots. Then OBD might get the message that we're fed up and do something about it.