I've been exposed to swine flu.

Simon

My buddy caught it out here in Oregon. He said he didn't even puke...just sh-t quite a bit. Had to send his baby and wife away for 7 days though. Kinda scary.

You must be in the Willamette Valley of Sickness!-)

not sure if what I had was the H1N1, as I didnt go to the doctor because i didnt fit into one of the high risk groups of people, i rode it out with lots of cold and flu medication....never puked and didn't have the craps, but the fever and the aches were absolutely brutal...it lasted a good 3 days, then the cough and tiredness stuck around for an extra week or so....kids were around the whole time, never got it.....it was brutal....and i can't remember the last time i had a flu hit me....and i never get the flu shot

Just got a note at the end of the day that one of our students has a confirmed case of H1N1. Rest of the building will be officially informed tomorrow. This ought to be a circus. :wallbash:

Whole family had it including me. BFD. No stomach involvement at all. Just a fever and really really tired for 3 days. Some congestion.

Some people would call that a cold. Some people might call it "the flu". Some people might even call that a sniffle :devil:

I was talking to my dad and he got the flu vaccine recently. He didn't get the Swine Flu vaccine because he was alive in 1968 when the latest strain had passed so he has some natural immunity.

I asked him if people freaked out in 1968? He said no. They went to the doctor, who gave them aspirin and said "take 2 of these and call me in the morning"

Swine Flu is more over hyped than JP

Some people would call that a cold. Some people might call it "the flu". Some people might even call that a sniffle :devil:

I was talking to my dad and he got the flu vaccine recently. He didn't get the Swine Flu vaccine because he was alive in 1968 when the latest strain had passed so he has some natural immunity.

I asked him if people freaked out in 1968? He said no. They went to the doctor, who gave them aspirin and said "take 2 of these and call me in the morning"

man, it must have been awesome to live most your (his in this case) life before the "information age". people just livin.

Whole family had it including me. BFD. No stomach involvement at all. Just a fever and really really tired for 3 days. Some congestion.

Something just went around our lab and i got it a couple of weeks ago. Sounds like what you had. I was down for about 4 days with a fever and just really tired. No stomach problems or anything. All in all, took me about a week to completely kick it. I've been wondering if it was swine flu or just another bug.

Something just went around our lab and i got it a couple of weeks ago. Sounds like what you had. I was down for about 4 days with a fever and just really tired. No stomach problems or anything. All in all, took me about a week to completely kick it. I've been wondering if it was swine flu or just another bug.

The thing that scares me is that I had something way back in early 1994 that was going around... It started out harmless and then lead to pneumonia... Funny thing is the x-rays cleared up but the symptons never did... Finally burned itself out about 10 months later... :devil::wallbash: What sacres is that I was diagnosed with JRA when I was young... Had fares ups till I was a youth... Then nothing until that stretch in 1994/1995... Then not since... I don't know what the heck is up with my immune system...

I was around in 1968 (a year old) and 1976. Yet, anything that is respiratory scares the crap out of me since that last episode!

Flew up to Buffalo for the game Friday - by the time we landed my son was spiking a fever and my daughter not feeling well. Went to urgent care Sat morning - both tested positive for Type A influenza. Good news was that looks like we caught it early, and their fevers were gone even the next day - but they still spent the extended weekend semi-quarantined in grandpa's family room... Back home tonight - I'm absolutely amazed I haven't gotten it.

My buddy caught it out here in Oregon. He said he didn't even puke...just sh-t quite a bit. Had to send his baby and wife away for 7 days though. Kinda scary.

The swine flu causes your wife to go away for a week?

Where the hell do I sign up?

Some people would call that a cold. Some people might call it "the flu". Some people might even call that a sniffle :wallbash:

A teacher my wife works with caught the H1N1 virus from one of her students. This was due in part to the Superintendent instrcuting the principals not to disclose any confirmed cases of swine flu to anyone including the teachers to avoid any over reaction. This teacher was preganant and is now in intensive care in the hospital. As of this morning, it looks like she is going to lose her baby.

Ask her husband if it is overhyped.

A teacher my wife works with caught the H1N1 virus from one of her students. This was due in part to the Superintendent instrcuting the principals not to disclose any confirmed cases of swine flu to anyone including the teachers to avoid any over reaction. This teacher was preganant and is now in intensive care in the hospital. As of this morning, it looks like she is going to lose her baby.

Ask her husband if it is overhyped.

A single case, while personal, does not mean that H1N1 is not overhyped.

If not H1N1, the same thing could've happened with the regular flu (which, for the record, has killed a lot more people this year than H1N1... But you never hear about that.).