Darryl Talley as Head Coach

QB Bills

I'm sure this idea has been bandied about here, especially after his comments last week, but I didn't see anything. It is probably too simplistic to draw parallels between the kind of player Singletary was and the job he's done in San Fran and say that Talley could do the same here, but after listening to some comments by Thurman Thomas, it sounds like he might be the type of guy the Bills need. TT was saying that Talley was the guy who'd motivate the players when they needed it, and that he was incredibly knowledgeable about the game, and as such, would make a good head coach. I think we all know that Ralph isn't going to pay through the nose for a new coach, and I think Talley could come cheap. Plus, he still has a connection to the team and community.

This is just more thinking aloud than anything, as I don't even know if Talley would be interested in coaching in any capacity. But realistically speaking (ie, money), this is a good option in my opinion.

Now as for the offense...

Frank Reich anyone???

I'm sure this idea has been bandied about here, especially after his comments last week, but I didn't see anything. It is probably too simplistic to draw parallels between the kind of player Singletary was and the job he's done in San Fran and say that Talley could do the same here, but after listening to some comments by Thurman Thomas, it sounds like he might be the type of guy the Bills need. TT was saying that Talley was the guy who'd motivate the players when they needed it, and that he was incredibly knowledgeable about the game, and as such, would make a good head coach. I think we all know that Ralph isn't going to pay through the nose for a new coach, and I think Talley could come cheap. Plus, he still has a connection to the team and community.

This is just more thinking aloud than anything, as I don't even know if Talley would be interested in coaching in any capacity. But realistically speaking (ie, money), this is a good option in my opinion.

Now as for the offense...

Frank Reich anyone???

He hasn't mentioned any interest in that job on his radio show, tough he has been tearing up the Bills and is clearly not happy with what has happened to the Bills this year.

yea Talley as head coach

Kelly as GM

Odomes as DB coach

Metzelars as TE coach

and Jeff Wright as D Line Coach

You guys need to stop living in the past thinking that any of the former players who never won us a superbowl are going to be back coaching the team in some capacity. Give it up. Its not a good idea for any of theose guys with no coaching experience to get their feet wet with the Bills.

I wouldn't have a problem bringing in someone like Metzelars as at least he's show nhe's willing to put the effort int ocoaching. But mentioning name of people who have never coached and think they will be a good coach is idiotic. It really is amazing how many stupid people are out there.

I think people are doing this because lets face it, the season is lost and the team is damn disappointing. BUT, if you had Jimbo as HC, it would be fun to watch him exploding on the sideline.

I think people are doing this because lets face it, the season is lost and the team is damn disappointing. BUT, if you had Jimbo as HC, it would be fun to watch him exploding on the sideline.

exactly...after all this is entertainment...and coaching a football team is not advanced physics.

Our wonderful bunch has 1 TD in the last 36 possessions. THAT is legendary.A near impossibility.With Lynch,Jackson,TO,Evans,Reed.

Lets have some fun with this.

Talley is one of my favorite ex-Bills, but from the 7 or 8 times I have met him, I would wonder if he could stay sober enough to coach. Then again, maybe a few drinks could help Jauron and bring him to life once in awhile.

Someone once asked Lincoln about Grant's drinking, implying he had a problem, Lincoln replied with, "find out what he is drinking and get the rest of my generals a case each."

At the very least, why not ask Jimbo to work with Trent. Jim could probably help him with his game. He can start by putting a foot in his ass for his damn ignorant post game comment about not being a Bills fan.

Kelly has made it known for years that he has had no interest in coaching. It is rarely the great QBs that make good coaches, but it seems like the ones that carry the clipboard sometimes make better coaches. Where is Gale Gilbert when we need him?

I wouldn't have a problem bringing in someone like Metzelars as at least he's show nhe's willing to put the effort int ocoaching. But mentioning name of people who have never coached and think they will be a good coach is idiotic. It really is amazing how many stupid people are out there.

most of the really stupid ones are either Bills fans or work for the team directly

Learn how and when to use the space bar before you start calling people out. I'm sure you didn't have any experience making license plates before you started and look how well you've done.

yea Talley as head coach

Kelly as GM

Odomes as DB coach

Metzelars as TE coach

and Jeff Wright as D Line Coach

You guys need to stop living in the past thinking that any of the former players who never won us a superbowl are going to be back coaching the team in some capacity. Give it up. Its not a good idea for any of theose guys with no coaching experience to get their feet wet with the Bills.

Jim Haslett- DC