If we continue to stink and TE is not the guy

Locker looked good from what I saw on Saturday. Perhaps....

I just think they've looked at the wrong things in drafting a QB lately. Losman played most of his games in a dome in a warm-weather area. Edwards is a smart guy, but never really played in inclement weather. They need to find a QB who has the combination of experience in cold weather climates and smarts.

Brett Favre is the only weather-related exception that I can think of, but in general, a QB needs to be able to play in those conditions.

Locker looked good from what I saw on Saturday. Perhaps....

I just think they've looked at the wrong things in drafting a QB lately. Losman played most of his games in a dome in a warm-weather area. Edwards is a smart guy, but never really played in inclement weather. They need to find a QB who has the combination of experience in cold weather climates and smarts.

Brett Favre is the only weather-related exception that I can think of, but in general, a QB needs to be able to play in those conditions.

Arm-strength, accuracy, and football instincts are pre-requisites. To me, the most important trait in a QB is being the alpha-male leader. The closest thing we've come to that is Bledsoe in the last 10 years. Too bad he didn't have the accuracy part and had been hit too many times. No more nice-guy, pretty boys. Haven't seen that much from Clausen, but the fact that he picked Notre Dame scares me. Seems like Stoops tells Bradford when to sneeze. Would like to see more of Locker.

People need to let it go with the weather thing.....you need a strong armed, smart accurate passer. Nobody in college even in Big 10 plays more than maybe one game a season in VERY bad weather....the season ends at the beginning/middle of November and then they go to warm weather or a dome to play a bowl game. The wind is the big thing NOT the cold. Trent played very well in the 5th coldest game in Bills history against Denver last year. Actually he has outplayed every QB they played against in the major windy games as well. But overall you need a good/great QB regardless of where they played.

I am not sure this guy even comes out this year, but if he does he would be a good pick. He has a good arm with good arm strength. He is fast and athletic. I would say he is a high motor guy :thumbsup:

No, you must be mistaken. I almost never see Jake Locker on SportsCenter. You're probably thinking of Tebow, Bradford, or McCoy.

People need to let it go with the weather thing.....you need a strong armed, smart accurate passer. Nobody in college even in Big 10 plays more than maybe one game a season in VERY bad weather....the season ends at the beginning/middle of November and then they go to warm weather or a dome to play a bowl game. The wind is the big thing NOT the cold. Trent played very well in the 5th coldest game in Bills history against Denver last year. Actually he has outplayed every QB they played against in the major windy games as well. But overall you need a good/great QB regardless of where they played.

You know whose teams actually do have to deal with wind - practice in it, play in it - and who says pretty much the same thing as you just did about needing a strong-armed, accurate passer that makes smart decisions???

You know whose teams actually do have to deal with wind - practice in it, play in it - and who says pretty much the same thing as you just did about needing a strong-armed, accurate passer that makes smart decisions???

Seattle is a place that is wet, can be windy and cold, not buffalo cold. He has played in lots of rain.

Locker is a better NFL QB option than McCoy, Snead, and others. To me its him or Bradford at this point. I havent seen enough from either to make me want to use our high first rounder on them however. We need some serious line help first.

the only way that Bills should even consider drafting a QB early is if they have solid LT in place, a center that is good, and if we see marked improvement/progression from Levitre and Wood. Out of those 4, the only one i see happening is Wood progressing to the point of being a good lineman next year.

No QB would look good with this line except maybe Ron Mexico who would run for his life left and right behind a good line anyway. This is why AVP and TE dialed up a lot of roll outs this week to help minimize the heat from the back side rush

I am not sure this guy even comes out this year, but if he does he would be a good pick. He has a good arm with good arm strength. He is fast and athletic. I would say he is a high motor guy :wallbash:

Sam Bradford would be my choice.