How about those TV Announcers ?

Surfmeister

OK, we lost. So what?

OK, NE is a better team. Good for them.

But those announcers last night were killing me. What a giant ass kissing fest for NE all night long. My God it was like they were paid just to spew sloppy kisses all over the Pats in the most sickening way. Yech blech.

:blink:

OK, we lost. So what?

OK, NE is a better team.  Good for them.

But those announcers last night were killing me.  What a giant ass kissing fest for NE all night long.  My God it was like they were paid just to spew sloppy kisses all over the Pats in the most sickening way.  Yech blech.

117889[/snapback]

New England is a national story and gets great ratings, why not talk about them and their young MARKETABLE team. What do we have to offer to a national audeince that anyone would care about during play breaks? Maybe another story about our long snapper being an amatuer Magician!!! :D

If you're an announcer, you have two options watching a game like that:

1. Talk about how good the Patriots are.

2. Talk about how bad the Bills are.

If they had done the latter, you'd be on here today complaining that they're anti-Bills.

1.  Talk about how good the Patriots are.

2.  Talk about how bad the Bills are.

If they had done the latter, you'd be on here today complaining that they're anti-Bills.

117893[/snapback]

Granted. Like I said so NE is good. But do they have to atlk about them like they are old ladies at a friggin flower show. It was just dripping with artificial sweetner.

I listened to the radio while watching in the second half.

One question I did have, though. The center for the pats had that huge ass towel hanging along his back side that Brady threw on his back every play. Can I ask why is this so long? I mean does it keep his ass warm for Brady's girly hands?

1.  Talk about how good the Patriots are.

2.  Talk about how bad the Bills are.

117893[/snapback]

Yes.

But.

It wasn't the gushing over the Pats it was the Brady love. Honestly.. did you catch that bit about how he doesn't feel like a good player if he blah blah blah? And JT's response, "How many QB's would say that?."

And now, we'll go to another commentator who'll continue to talk about Brady! Ok JT, back to you, what's this about Brady saving the children?

But those announcers last night were killing me. What a giant ass kissing fest for NE all night long. My God it was like they were paid just to spew sloppy kisses all over the Pats in the most sickening way. Yech blech.

Im going to go out on a limb here.....

God willing, when the day comes that the Bills win 2 of 3 SBs and continue to look like the class of the NFL, I think the announcers juuuuuuuuust MIGHT...talk about them a lot.

It doesn't matter who is playing on Sunday night...they pick the winning team and slap on the knee pads. My favorite is when they make stevestojan up, like saying theyu practicied with the team (JT) or "so-and-so told me they were going to run that play, when I was out fishing with him on his yacht".

The announcers are idiots. How about in the first quarter when one of them said, "Mularkey did a great job in Pittsburgh getting the ball to Hines Ward. He has to do that with Eric Moulds here, they just have to get the ball to Moulds and make things happen."

ON THE VERY NEXT PLAY Rodney Harrison stepped in front of Moulds and would have taken it to the house if he hadn't dropped it. Then one of the announcers said, "That's what happens when you keep going to Eric Moulds all the time."

OK, we lost. So what?

OK, NE is a better team.  Good for them.

But those announcers last night were killing me.  What a giant ass kissing fest for NE all night long.  My God it was like they were paid just to spew sloppy kisses all over the Pats in the most sickening way.  Yech blech.

117889[/snapback]

I thought that they were very fair and balanced.

Yes.

But.

It wasn't the gushing over the Pats it was the Brady love.  Honestly.. did you catch that bit about how he doesn't feel like a good player if he blah blah blah?  And JT's response, "How many QB's would say that?." 

And now, we'll go to another commentator who'll continue to talk about Brady! Ok JT, back to you, what's this about Brady saving the children?

117947[/snapback]

Exactly ... It's like what I call Tiger-Time on the PGA tour. When Tiger is playing the whole tourney is ALL about him. Even if someone in his group is winning it is because he is playing with Tiger. Ugh!

Mr. wonderful this or that... I'm sure the pats fans were complaining about how much air time bruce and co. were getting in 1993 and such. Lovefests for the current in team have been the norm since the beginning of broadcasting. If you're not used to it now, hit the mute button.

The ESPN crew is the worst in football. As soon as McGee fielded the opening kickoff and you saw the ref throw the beanbag at the one, you knew they were going to spot the ball at the one, yet it took those three bozos 45 seconds to figure what was going on.

They have their script and they stick to it no matter what is going on during the game. If you remember last year, all they wanted to talk about was Ricky Williams. At one point he was something like 20 rushes for 39 yards but they kept going on and on about him.

They pick their stars - Brady, Ray Lewis, Terrel Owens etc. and go on ad nauseum about them.

At least they had the guts to criticize the officials.

The ESPN crew were lining up for the BJs all night. Susie Kolbert was talking about Drew Bledsoe and she has to start talking about what Marcia Brady thinks about him. Is there a rule that every sentence has to have Brady in it?

The ESPN crew is the worst in football.  As soon as McGee fielded the opening kickoff and you saw the ref throw the beanbag at the one, you knew they were going to spot the ball at the one, yet it took those three bozos 45 seconds to figure what was going on.

They have their script and they stick to it no matter what is going on during the game.  If you remember last year, all they wanted to talk about was Ricky Williams.  At one point he was something like 20 rushes for 39 yards but they kept going on and on about him.

They pick their stars - Brady, Ray Lewis, Terrel Owens etc. and go on ad nauseum about them.

At least they had the guts to criticize the officials.

118244[/snapback]

Great post. The ESPN Sunday Night Crew is the worst group of announcers in any sport I watch.