Is it really DJ's fault or...

CAVEDAWG

Discipline comes from the coaching staff. Young players DO sometimes still make mistakes, but having double digit penalties by the second half is ridiculous. That definitely falls on the coaching staff, including Jauron.

If a passenger ship sinks- is it the captain's fault? Maybe not if one is an over-forgiving Bible-banger.

It appears that this form of defense we (and others play) gets a lot of linebackers hurt as well as secondary. I hate everything about the defensive scheme, I hate everything about the attitude of this team.

.....or is the inexperience of an O-Line and the undersize of the D-Line? :censored:

Treant has never had a Good Line!!

Not even in college!! :lol:

No. It's hard to win in the NFL, especially at home in front of people who are making a lot of noise and moving around.

.....or is the inexperience of an O-Line and the undersize of the D-Line? :censored:

It's never been said that it's ALL Jauron's fault...But he is responsible for a great deal of the blame...This is his Team...He is the head of the on-the-field operation and he has a great deal of say in the off-the-field stuff (ie.. Draft, Personnel...)...He has his hand in everything and right about now...everything sucks...So to answer your question...YES...It is Dead Dick's fault... :censored:

The head coach is ultimately responsible for everything that happens on the field and in Dick's case, as has been mentioned, he has significant input in decisions in the offseason as well. As such, to answer your question, yes, a good portion of it IS Dick's fault. While there's plenty of blame to go around, he has definitely done his fair share of damage.

Its Trents fault more than DJ by a mile...better QB play gets us more points in NE which equals a win...better QB play wins us the NO game, hell, Brian Moorman probably could have beat Cle at QB...that equals 4-1 with better QB play, and all those wins definitely happen with a competent QB.

I dont want to hear about his QB rating in NE either...we left so many opportunities out there on the field becuase Trent just couldnt get the ball down field...which is why with essentially the same number of posessions NE had more than double our first downs...and first downs are a way more important stat than QB rating which rewards weak conservative play.

Dont get me wrong, the O Line hasnt been good (but other teams have been winning with bad O line play too), and I think DJ needs to be fired as this team just doesnt seem to have any passion or fire. However, if we had a decent QB we would be sitting 4-1 right now and DJ's job would be safe...