Plays not used

BuffaloBud

If I am wrong here it is because I listened to parts of the game on the radio. So, I beg fogiveness beforehand. Two key plays to beat pass rush pressure is a draw or a screen pass. Did we even attempt either yesterday?

Watching the game was a lot like seeing a horrific accident, my memory is a little splotchy. That being said I do not remember seeing either a draw or designed screen pass. Plenty of checkdowns, and half of those weren't even done successfully.

We dont use slants, pick plays, screens, draws, shovel passes, sprintouts, wr or tight ends screens, pitch out passes, running back circles, delays, Spread type of misdirection plays, or any other type of plays that get the ball quickly to players and avoid the rush.

We did do a playaction pass that looks like our stretch running play. Edwards fakes a handoff right, then wheels around and hits a streaking player on the backside of the play. The problem here is that it takes a long time to develop and requires edwards to make a quick decision and a long throw. We ran it five times, and completed a couple, but it was open all day.

We dont use slants, pick plays, screens, draws, shovel passes, sprintouts, wr or tight ends screens, pitch out passes, running back circles, delays, Spread type of misdirection plays, or any other type of plays that get the ball quickly to players and avoid the rush.

Actually, Owens' catch across the middle on 3rd and 4 near end of the half was a slant where he was wide open because of a pick.

If I am wrong here it is because I listened to parts of the game on the radio. So, I beg fogiveness beforehand. Two key plays to beat pass rush pressure is a draw or a screen pass. Did we even attempt either yesterday?

I missed the first quarter, but I don't recall any draw plays. We did run several screens, with limited success. Eric Wood was illegally downfield on one, but the play went for no gain, so the penalty was declined. At least one or two more were stymied (3 yards or less). I remember one on a 3rd and 6 that went for 7 yards and a first down.