why do the Bills constantly burn timeouts in the second half?

I thought Coaching 101 says that you should never burn timeouts in the second half. Better to have a nothing play than to use a TO. And calling a TO with two seconds left in the third quarter only to see it blow up in your face? That's karmic payback, baby.

Well when ya think othe rteam is going to burn the clock and y afail to put anyone from your punt team on the field ya have to call time out. If I was browns I would have hiked the ball and gotten the first down since we are so well coached

I thought Coaching 101 says that you should never burn timeouts in the second half. Better to have a nothing play than to use a TO. And calling a TO with two seconds left in the third quarter only to see it blow up in your face? That's karmic payback, baby.

To answer the question in your title ... because they stink? However, I'm actually okay with calling the one at the end of the 3Q to make Cleveland punt into the wind. Of course, Roscoe's Plimptonesque 15-yard loss on the return made up for that decision...

It's because Dick Jauron is so much smarter than everyone else. We physically cannot comprehend his decisions because the average H. sapiens sapiens is not equipped to understand the ultra-high level of jauron-think. Perhaps one day someone will evolve a high enough mental capacity to understand why jauron does the things he does, but until then, we are left to stare in amazement at his awesomely intelligent gameday decisions.

Well when ya think othe rteam is going to burn the clock and y afail to put anyone from your punt team on the field ya have to call time out. If I was browns I would have hiked the ball and gotten the first down since we are so well coached

1st down? There was 1 Bills player on the field, it would have been a touchdown with 10 guys to block one.

Because, unlike bad play calling and horrible offensive line play, you can't use them again next week. :thumbsup: