We had a power supply failure at 2:00am...

SDS

it has been replaced and we are obviously back on.

Given this situation, does anyone know of an email to phone service that will call my phone when an email is received? This could have been taken care of last night, if I knew we were down. I receive email alerts, but that doesn't wake me up obviously.

Stop protecting Jay. Couldn't you just setup your email to auto forward msg to your phone. We do this at work.

do you mean SMS?

If so, that only gives me a "beep". I need a "ring" that will wake me up.

do you mean SMS?

If so, that only gives me a "beep". I need a "ring" that will wake me up.

Change the ring tone. I know I can do that on my phone for mail, txts and phone calls. Adjust to something really disturbing. Also, if it is a critical one I think you can have it repeat the tone until you view it.

You could change the notification alert on your phone to a normal ringtone, but I don't know if you want to get a wake-up call every time a spam hits the inbox ...

but I would only want that from a specific source. I don't want anything obnoxious when I'm awake.

You could just sleep, and deal with it when you wake up. I'm guessing most post made at 2:00am aren't candidates for post of the year.

We can suck it up and wait til a decent hour on the rare occasion the site crashes.

better to deal with it at 2:00am then on my way to work.

Well, you could publish your phone number, chief.

Then all the shutouts could give you a shoutout at 2:00 AM.

I'm not saying you'd want to, but you could. :rolleyes:

Sorry. Not very useful information I know.

actually, not a single person sent a message to me. Everyone always assumes someone else had sent it by then.

actually, not a single person sent a message to me. Everyone always assumes someone else had sent it by then.

Guilty as charged. I didn't check in until 9:30 or thereabouts, and figured you HAD to be awake/working on it by then.