5 minutes with Chuckie this Monday

MRM33064

A ridiculously good ESPN-related connection of mine has assured me an audience with Chuckie - Jon Gruden himself - this Monday down here in Miami. Not a formal "meet-and-greet" thing with a group of sponsors or whatnot - more like an informal "we work together all the time, stop by such-and-such at so-and-so time and I'll bring you in to meet him."

So, if I'm lucky and do see him, and I get in sentence or two (and on the off chance he listens) ... I need to be prepared. This (self-aggrandized, imagined important) moment where a single lifelong fan tries to dramatically influence the future of our beloved Bills. What's THE killer, can't-say-no pitch to make him want to be the next coach/GM of the Bills? What's the sell that will make Chuckie beg his agent on Tuesday to wake Uncle Ralph from his afternoon nap?

Assume: (1) I don't have $10mm in hand; (2) physical threats are ineffective; (3) blackmail wouldn't be looked upon too favorably - given that I'm a guest; and (4) I've got about 30 seconds, tops.

Something like ... "with you, we'd get Ko Simpson back - and he's worth millions!"

This will be good ... :unsure:

A ridiculously good ESPN-related connection of mine has assured me an audience with Chuckie - Jon Gruden himself - this Monday down here in Miami. Not a formal "meet-and-greet" thing with a group of sponsors or whatnot - more like an informal "we work together all the time, stop by such-and-such at so-and-so time and I'll bring you in to meet him."

So, if I'm lucky and do see him, and I get in sentence or two (and on the off chance he listens) ... I need to be prepared. This (self-aggrandized, imagined important) moment where a single lifelong fan tries to dramatically influence the future of our beloved Bills. What's THE killer, can't-say-no pitch to make him want to be the next coach/GM of the Bills? What's the sell that will make Chuckie beg his agent on Tuesday to wake Uncle Ralph from his afternoon nap?

Assume: (1) I don't have $10mm in hand; (2) physical threats are ineffective; (3) blackmail wouldn't be looked upon too favorably - given that I'm a guest; and (4) I've got about 30 seconds, tops.

Something like ... "with you, we'd get Ko Simpson back - and he's worth millions!"

Is it 5 min or 30 sec?

Wear a Bills cap and let him approach you. If he's interested in the Bills, the cap will lure him to you.

Mention QBs. Anything about QBs and he will be off and running. "Trent has looked great and terrible and he needs help - better coaching, better line play etc." or "The Bills need some new QBs to come in and compete" or "Tebow is not the prototype NFL QB, but he is a heck of a player and I would love the Bills to raft "

But to break the ice mention that he is awesome on MNF and all other fans think so too (Best announcer I have heard in years). Then mention that horrific loss to the Pats as a segway into the Bills...

I wish you the best of luck

I would suggest 30 seconds of lying prostrate on the ground, begging him to come to Buffalo.

Tell him that Cablelady thinks he's hot!