Ryan thinks Bengals missed their OT FG last week

Rubes

Rob Ryan of the Browns thinks that the Bengals' Shayne Graham missed that 31-yard FG try in OT that beat them.

For those of you on the chat last week during the Bills game, so did I. I saw him kick the ball, and I immediately thought it was going wide right. And I even typed that in the chat -- missed it. When I turned back to the TV, the Bengals were celebrating, and I did a double-take.

On replay, I was amazed to see how it curved back toward the right upright, but I still wasn't totally convinced it was good. But I just figured I didn't get a good look at it.

Apparently, Ryan is still not convinced. Interesting.

After watching the last link about three or four times, I think it was good. You can see the ball come in behind the right upright. It's in the books. Stop whining about it already, Rob.

Jim Garrison called it best..."Back, and to the left... back, and to the left... back, and to the left"

Until more technology is added to this game, the refs' call is law.

It did miss, and a chip in a ball would solve most discrepancies.

Thanks for cutting to the quick Astrobot.

With the billions of dollars that the NFL generates, it's a joke that calls such as these are left to human judgement.

Line calls in tennis can now be checked by sophisticated methods.

Such changes in the NFL are long overdue. The cheapest and easiest advent of this sort of officiating would be on field goals and extra points.

Thanks for cutting to the quick Astrobot.

With the billions of dollars that the NFL generates, it's a joke that calls such as these are left to human judgement.

Line calls in tennis can now be checked by sophisticated methods.

Such changes in the NFL are long overdue. The cheapest and easiest advent of this sort of officiating would be on field goals and extra points.

I agree, with the technology available to us now a days, I don't see why more sports don't use it to eliminate judgement calls from sporting events.