Hey Bills fans...

Who remembers The Whammy Weenie? I know I had one. 8 inch green weenie?

The "Whammy Weenie" was introduced as a game day noisemaker to "create havoc with the opposition." It was to be the Buffalo equivalent of Pittsburgh's "Terrible Towel" or Miami's "Orange Crush."

The promotion was pure genius until about three games in. Reports began to surface that the yellow paint contained a high level of lead. WBEN program & news director Jim McLaughlin had a Weenie tested. The study concluded that the paint contained 300 times the allowable levels of lead. Immediately, thousands of Weenies were taken off store shelves and destroyed.

The promotion extended to game day at Rich Stadium. At one game early in the season, stadium PA announcer and Bells spokesman Danny Neaverth told everyone to "stand up and shake your Weenies!" You can only imagine what actions those words prompted among the drunken adult fans.

Who remembers The Whammy Weenie? I know I had one. 8 inch green weenie?

I remember GR55 had a song about the whammyweenie as well... Something about putting the "Buffalo Whammy on you"

As I scrolled down through that link I caught a glimpse of the Bermuda Triangle Poster. I remember having one of those in my bedroom as a kid. I had no idea until today that my parents got it at Bells!

Wow talk about nostalgia. I'll end up spending the better part of my day on that forgottenbuffalo site.