Continuing a thought from yesterday

Kelly's Call: Accountability and a winning attitude - a great op-ed piece by Jim Kelly on BB.com.

The players know they have to hold themselves accountable, but there has to be one specific individual to pull that group together whether it's on the sidelines or in the locker room at halftime. I'm not in that locker room so perhaps that is being done. But it?s hard to say things are moving in the right direction right now.

The good news is we're only a quarter of the way into the season. And look at what happened last year. They started out on fire and they went downhill afterwards. This year they had a great showing against New England and that gave fans hope that they could really compete this season even though they did not come up with the victory. But all of a sudden maybe it could be headed the other way.

That's where leadership from players and leadership from coaches come into play. That's when Dick Jauron has to lay down the law. He has to tell it like it is because as everybody knows if it doesn't happen this year they might not be here next year. And we as former players want them to succeed. We're pulling for them.

I dunno if Kelly's got the brain to be a successful head coach, but he's got the heart.

Kelly's Call: Accountability and a winning attitude - a great op-ed piece by Jim Kelly on BB.com.

I dunno if Kelly's got the brain to be a successful head coach, but he's got the heart.

When I look at Singletary, I see a master motivator. He got former malcontent Vernon Davis to step up and now has him as a team captain. DJ oozes contentment with what is transpiring.

The QB should be the field leader on this team, and he's not taking the leadership role at all. No one is forcing him to. Kelly took on that role from Day 1 and never needed to be told this. I'm glad he's still part of things, if only to write columns for bb.com.

When I look at Singletary, I see a master motivator. He got former malcontent Vernon Davis to step up and now has him as a team captain. DJ oozes contentment with what is transpiring.

The QB should be the field leader on this team, and he's not taking the leadership role at all. No one is forcing him to. Kelly took on that role from Day 1 and never needed to be told this. I'm glad he's still part of things, if only to write columns for bb.com.

Shaun Hill isn't the leader of the 49ers. Trent sucks. ANYONE can be that master motivator, IF they know how. Trent will never be that guy.