Golf added to 2016 Olympics w/ Rugby

Beerball

No return of baseball and addition of Golf??!! and rugby sevens! (what about flag footballl? or slow pitch softball o beach handball?!!!)

Olympics are becoming a complete joke.

Slow pitch softball would be pretty rad.

No return of baseball and addition of Golf??!! and rugby sevens! (what about flag footballl? or slow pitch softball o beach handball?!!!)

Olympics are becoming a complete joke.

I've been fairly indifferent to baseball in the Olympics, but you are correct here. Golf in the Olympics is simply retarded. They have the President's Cup. They have the Ryder Cup. They have the Majors. They are all millionaires on their various tours. Absolutely nothing about golf has anything to do with the supposed ideals of the Olympic games.

The Olympics has become a big pile of garbage, nothing more. Nothing but money and politics and selling out in hopes of higher TV ratings. I lived and died watching the Olympics as a kid. It meant as much if not more than the Bills or Sabres. Now? I couldn't give a rat's ass who wins 98% of the events. The only exciting performer I saw in the last games was Usain Bolt. And who's the big story for the next winter games? That douchebag skier again? Rah. :doh:

Now...as for the slow pitch softball idea, I'd be all over that except you'd need to pick each country's team completely at random from any citizen who applied to be on the team. No ringers, just a sampling of your average countrymen. Anyone could toss their name into the hat as long as they brought their own glove to the field. Now that would be some amateur competition worth watching!

I've been fairly indifferent to baseball in the Olympics, but you are correct here. Golf in the Olympics is simply retarded. They have the President's Cup. They have the Ryder Cup. They have the Majors. They are all millionaires on their various tours. Absolutely nothing about golf has anything to do with the supposed ideals of the Olympic games.

The Olympics has become a big pile of garbage, nothing more. Nothing but money and politics and selling out in hopes of higher TV ratings. I lived and died watching the Olympics as a kid. It meant as much if not more than the Bills or Sabres. Now? I couldn't give a rat's ass who wins 98% of the events. The only exciting performer I saw in the last games was Usain Bolt. And who's the big story for the next winter games? That douchebag skier again? Rah. :wallbash:

Now...as for the slow pitch softball idea, I'd be all over that except you'd need to pick each country's team completely at random from any citizen who applied to be on the team. No ringers, just a sampling of your average countrymen. Anyone could toss their name into the hat as long as they brought their own glove to the field. Now that would be some amateur competition worth watching!

Yeah but rugby-golf would sure be fun to watch! :unsure:

im gladly trading baseball/softball for rugby. even if it is sevens. much more entertaining to watch and played by way more people.

agreed rugby is a very violent entertaining sport that is poorly marketed in America. Adding golf to the Olympics makes little since imo.

im gladly trading baseball/softball for rugby. even if it is sevens. much more entertaining to watch and played by way more people.

way more people?!!!

Baseball is the third team sport in the world while rugby is played seriously.. in about 10 countries. (and i LOVE rugby) and "sevens"... it's a joke! flag football is probably more interesting than that!