They'd be Darwin Award winners if they didn't already have kid

Steely Dan

This is why psychiatric tests need to be administered before a person buys a gun. On the other hand two nuts are gone from the earth. The poor kids 2, 6 and 10 had to watch it happen though.

http://www.rr.com/news/topic/article/rr/90...found_shot_dead

Hain made headlines in 2008 when she attended a soccer game of her daughter's, then 5, at a park with a Glock holstered on her hip in plain view. That upset other parents.

The sheriff revoked her license to carry and conceal a gun nine days later, citing a state law that prohibits certain gun permits from being given to people whose character and reputation make them a danger to public safety.

A county judge overturned that decision but questioned her judgment and said she had "scared the devil" out of people.

Lebanon County District Attorney Dave Arnold, who was at the scene Wednesday night, declined to comment on the facts of the case.

"I'm a pretty big advocate for the right to possess and own firearms, so I don't look at this as something where there's an indication that stricter gun regulations are necessary," Arnold said. "Obviously responsible gun ownership is the key to gun ownership."

I think people should be allowed to own a gun if they keep it in the house or can prove a compelling reason to carry one. She should have lost her carry license as soon as she took a Glock to the soccer game. That's stepping over the line, IMO. WTF do you need a gun for at a soccer game, in freaking Lebanon PA!! IMO, that's a sign of very poor judgment.

She claimed the sheriff's actions destroyed her baby-sitting service, resulted in her children being harassed and made her feel ostracized by her neighbors in Lebanon, which has about 25,000 residents. No one answered the phone at the Sheriff's Department Thursday afternoon.

Is it possible parents didn't want their children going to a day care where the owner walks around publicly with a gun? How do they know she practices safe gun handling in the house while the kids are there?

Fortna said the children told another neighbor that "daddy shot mommy." A police chaplain answered the door at that neighbor's home Thursday and declined to comment.

"I'm shocked at the whole thing," Fortna said. "I'm surprised she didn't defend herself."

He probably didn't say "draw" first. :P