Nic Harris!

Mr. T

For the life of me I can't understand why Nic Harris is not starting this week. With Mitchell moving to MLB, why are Palmer and Ellison playing and Harris not. This kid showed himself to be a monster in the pre-season. He's a rookie, but so is Palmer, he'll make rookie mistakes, but Ellison has already made more stupid mistakes in the last three games than most rookies make in a season. I just don't get it.

And I don't buy anymore that the coaching staff knows better who should start. Have ya noticed that this coaching staff has a way of eventually doing things that the fans have tossed around. What is really screwed up is it isn't because they come to boards like this and get ideas from us. It just seems like they are the last ones to see the obvious and are always two steps behind playing catch up.

Bills fan for life, but it has come with such a painful price!

For the life of me I can't understand why Nic Harris is not starting this week. With Mitchell moving to MLB, why are Palmer and Ellison playing and Harris not. This kid showed himself to be a monster in the pre-season. He's a rookie, but so is Palmer, he'll make rookie mistakes, but Ellison has already made more stupid mistakes in the last three games than most rookies make in a season. I just don't get it.

And I don't buy anymore that the coaching staff knows better who should start. Have ya noticed that this coaching staff has a way of eventually doing things that the fans have tossed around. What is really screwed up is it isn't because they come to boards like this and get ideas from us. It just seems like they are the last ones to see the obvious and are always two steps behind playing catch up.

Ellison's the one making all the mistakes, but Buggs gets pulled?

Which Bills player(s) were held back for too long? And how many times were they played out of necessity, forcing the coaching staff to throw them in there?

If they weren't put in out of necessity, then they were put in when they were "ready" and therefore looked good, right?

i agree with the post. but, there is a slight possibility of Byrd being out this sunday which would force Wilson to FS and Harris to SS

A 5th round rookie...probably no time with the 1st team weekday practices...who has zero knowledge of the tendencies of opposing offensive players.

Were I an OC and saw converted safety Harris line up as a starter, I'd be greedily rubbing my foreparts together like a fly contemplating fresh dogsh*t.

Which Bills player(s) were held back for too long? And how many times were they played out of necessity, forcing the coaching staff to throw them in there?

If they weren't put in out of necessity, then they were put in when they were "ready" and therefore looked good, right?

Jabari Greer and Fred Jackson to name two.

Are you kidding? Buggs' play (from what I have seen) has been absolutely atrocious. He constantly appears to be out of position, allowing big runs up the gut of the defense. I don't recall ever seeing Buggs make any kind of play in the 3 games that he has been in there. Ellison, on the other hand, has been in on several of the 4th down stops and is getting good penetration on edge rushes.

Of course, I am no expert. Just a fan watching the game on TV.

Are you kidding? Buggs' play (from what I have seen) has been absolutely atrocious. He constantly appears to be out of position, allowing big runs up the gut of the defense. I don't recall ever seeing Buggs make any kind of play in the 3 games that he has been in there. Ellison, on the other hand, has been in on several of the 4th down stops and is getting good penetration on edge rushes.

Of course, I am no expert. Just a fan watching the game on TV.

Oh, I know.

I was responding to this from the OP:

With Mitchell moving to MLB, why are Palmer and Ellison playing and Harris not. This kid showed himself to be a monster in the pre-season. He's a rookie, but so is Palmer, he'll make rookie mistakes, but Ellison has already made more stupid mistakes in the last three games than most rookies make in a season. I just don't get it.

Jabari Greer and Fred Jackson to name two.

Jabari Greer was getting substantial playing time for a while before he turned the corner. I distinctly remember him getting torched, frequently circa 2005, 2006.

He, like Fred Jackson, was also not brought to the organization by Jauron and co.

Also, Jackson joined the roster in 2006, during the A-Train/McGahee/Shaud Williams years. As anyone who watches the NFL knows, it's not abnormal for a running back (they're a dime a dozen) to get lost in the depth chart. Remember when Willie Parker was a third stringer? But it's not like he collected dust for very long, he then got his first start in 2007. So...

Given the sketchiness of your examples, I'll ask your to rescind your wrongful arrogance conveyed by the use of the phrase "to name two," since I defy you to name two more.

Jabari Greer was getting substantial playing time for a while before he turned the corner. I distinctly remember him getting torched, frequently circa 2005, 2006.

You're simply making that up out of thin air because it isn't even remotely true.

Given the sketchiness of your examples, I'll ask your to rescind your wrongful arrogance conveyed by the use of the phrase "to name two," since I defy you to name two more.

How about Mario Haggan?

Or maybe Sam Aiken?

And Ashton Youboty?

Hell, Gibran Hamdan should have had an honest look by now.

Really, they could play anyone . They don't have enough good players on the roster to compete. Nic Harris or any or all the players on the bench aren't gonna matter much. It goes back to the "We really need to keep Josh Reed" arguments. These are trivial players on a terrible team.

Should Roscoe Parrish start?

More Fred Jackson, less Marshawn!

AVP or Turk?

We should have kept Hargrove instead of Denney!

If we had taken Ngata instead of Whitner , this team would be somewhere!

Plenty of good players have come and gone, but it never comes together for this organization. Is there one player on the roster that has a Super Bowl ring?

You're simply making that up out of thin air because it isn't even remotely true.

How about Mario Haggan?

Or maybe Sam Aiken?

And Ashton Youboty?

Hell, Gibran Hamdan should have had an honest look by now.

I'm afraid it is, boss. Greer was good...suddenly. 2005 and 2006 were pretty brutal. 2007 he figured it out. 2008 he was great.

What about Haggan, Aiken, and Youboty? I thought this had to do with players who, to our detriment, were withheld too long. Are you suggesting we would have benefited from Haggan, Aiken, or even Hamdan?

Perry Fool doesn't think Harris is ready to over-persue and run through the wrong gaps as well as his starting linebackers do game in and game out yet. He needs more practice, being a rookie and all. Besides, last I heard Harris has only been able to memorize up to page 990 of his 2,000 page defensive playbook. Remember, Perry Fool always has his defenders in the correct calls, it's just that they keep making all of those darned mistakes. :P:lol:

Ellison is not making mistakes - that is the reason he continues to start. Of all the people on the defense, he is known to "play his position". He is where he is supposed to be on the plays that are called. His issue is that he is not as talented as other players on the field and gets beat. That is why Buggs got pulled. He may have the talent, but doesn't do what he is supposed to. As Fewell said, there were mistakes. When players don't do what they are supposed to, they leave gaping holes. Typically, those are the players who you only see on the fantastic plays, however when they are doing something they are not supposed to be doing, they are often so out of position that you don't even realize they were supposed to be there. (Angelo Crowell was a perfect example of this).

"If you look at the tape and as I looked at it with the entire defense there were 26 plays and there was a mistake made on every play," said Fewell. "They did not do that in practice. For whatever reason, I don’t know, they didn’t fit it and didn’t get it done like we wanted to get it done and so I’m not going to stand there and say, ‘Well that’s okay fellas, we’re going to put the same guys on the field and do the same thing again.’ Bullcrap. We’re going to get it right."

He, like Fred Jackson, was also not brought to the organization by Jauron and co.

Also, Jackson joined the roster in 2006, during the A-Train/McGahee/Shaud Williams years. As anyone who watches the NFL knows, it's not abnormal for a running back (they're a dime a dozen) to get lost in the depth chart. Remember when Willie Parker was a third stringer? But it's not like he collected dust for very long, he then got his first start in 2007. So...

Sh*t man you are watching one right now in Ellison playing over Harris. Dont even try to defend Jaurons and Co. abilty to evaluate talent because you simply can not win. The statemeant "They are NFL coaches, they know more than you" statement doesnt even hold water anymore. Any idiot could never make the playoffs and never beat a playoff team.