Does Jim Carrey have some sort of connection to Buffalo?

if i remember correctly, Carrey has some connection to Hamilton, either he was born there or spent time there as a youngster. he did grow up in the Hamilton-Toronto area, and was likely exposed to Buffalo TV news, especially the Action 7, "Three alarm fire in Cheektowaga bulletins," so that might have something to do with it to.

jw

if i remember correctly, Carrey has some connection to Hamilton, either he was born there or spent time there as a youngster. he did grow up in the Hamilton-Toronto area, and was likely exposed to Buffalo TV news, especially the Action 7, "Three alarm fire in Cheektowaga bulletins," so that might have something to do with it to.

jw

Pretty sure he mentioned watching Irv as a kid, in one of his interviews for "Bruce Almighty." Blaze busters, pistol-packing punks -- those were the good ol' days.

Pretty sure he mentioned watching Irv as a kid, in one of his interviews for "Bruce Almighty." Blaze busters, pistol-packing punks -- those were the good ol' days.

way back in the day, 1992 or 93 i believe (god i'm old), while Carrey was just breaking in his chops on "Living Color" or whatever that Fox show was ("Living Colour" in Canada?) ... i had the opportunity to interview him to set up show he was doing in New Westminster, B.C. i didn't like him as a comedian at the time, thought he was a little over-the-top bozoish for my liking. and yet, following the phone interview i was left very impressed.

good guy, then. even came up with a bit over the phone when he got on a riff during the Q&A about being a contrarian of sorts. he thought up a potential character, "Contrary Man," who would go against whatever anything anyone said. i could certainly appreciate that.

jw

way back in the day, 1992 or 93 i believe (god i'm old), while Carrey was just breaking in his chops on "Living Color" or whatever that Fox show was ("Living Colour" in Canada?) ... i had the opportunity to interview him to set up show he was doing in New Westminster, B.C. i didn't like him as a comedian at the time, thought he was a little over-the-top bozoish for my liking. and yet, following the phone interview i was left very impressed.

good guy, then. even came up with a bit over the phone when he got on a riff during the Q&A about being a contrarian of sorts. he thought up a potential character, "Contrary Man," who would go against whatever anything anyone said. i could certainly appreciate that.

jw

This leads me to believe there is another connection , as several posters here fit that bill...

Ace Ventura was inspired by The Buffalo Bills!

http://listing-index.ebay.com/movies/Ace_V..._Detective.html

The idea for the "Ray Finkle" character missing a game winning field goal in the Super Bowl was inspired by Buffalo Bills kicker Scott Norwood who actually missed a 48 yard game winning field goal in Super Bowl XXV. In the 1984 season the Miami Dolphins actually played in Super Bowl XIX with Dan Marino as their quarterback but they were defeated in a 38-16 rout by the San Francisco 49ers.

ALSO...

the band in the movie CANNIBAL CORPSE... if from Buffalo, NY!

lol, come on. that pedophile was messed up a bit

Hell I don't care. I think its funny. :rolleyes: Did you see the season opening South Park "Dead Celebrities" episode? According to them his soul can't rest until he fulfills his deep down desire to be a white little girl. That really is messed up

Hell I don't care. I think its funny. :rolleyes: Did you see the season opening South Park "Dead Celebrities" episode? According to them his soul can't rest until he fulfills his deep down desire to be a white little girl. That really is messed up

that was hysterical. I figured that Stone and Parker would have let him rest, but sure enough they got one last good laugh out of his character. The whole Billy Mays thing was freaking great as well.

I am surprised that slash didn't beat me to post about a So. Park reference