1990 Bills vs. Rest of Schedule

An interesting thread that should produce some interesting, thought provoking, debate. Here is the question I pose to my fellow Stadium Wallers:

What if... the '09 Bills were replaced with the '90 Bills and they finished out the rest of this schedule.

Mind you, they are starting from a 1-3 hole... lets have a break down of W/L game by game for the remaining schedule:

Cleveland Browns

@NY Jets

@Carolina Panthers

Houston Texans

BYE

@Tennessee Titans

@Jacksonville Jaguars

Miami Dolphins

New York Jets

@Kansas City Chiefs

New England Patriots

Indianapolis Colts

@Atlanta Falcons

12 games left... please feel welcome to insert any commentary and predicted scores of each game as well as how the game would play out in your mind.

Also, if you think that our beloved '90 team would win enough games to become playoff eligible please project playoff scenarios as well.

Hmmm...I'd put them down for 10-2. NE, Indy and @ Jets are really the only tough games. They'd drop one of those and probably one other against someone they shouldn't along the way. So that makes them 11-5, ought to get them a WC.

Hmmm...I'd put them down for 10-2. NE, Indy and @ Jets are really the only tough games. They'd drop one of those and probably one other against someone they shouldn't along the way. So that makes them 11-5, ought to get them a WC.

Bruce and Biscuit against a rookie QB? Kelly and Co. against either the NE or Indy D? I'd like their chances in every single game on that schedule. Of course, that team also didn't have to deal with either the salary cap or the watered-down product in a 32-team league, either ...

Bruce and Biscuit against a rookie QB? Kelly and Co. against either the NE or Indy D? I'd like their chances in every single game on that schedule. Of course, that team also didn't have to deal with either the salary cap or the watered-down product in a 32-team league, either ...

Oh, I agree they'd be favored in each game, but those teams did tend to lay an egg every now and again.

You're right on about the waterdowned down product. What everyone considered a 'tough schedule' looks like the Big East if you thing about it from the perspective of the '90 team. *sigh*

They are pretty old today Ye, I'm not sure they would win a single game.

"Ye" ... I like it. I went from Cotton to Old Cotton and then to Ole' Cotton. Then late in the '03 season I got a lecture from some MAROON who used to hang around here who shall remain nameless at this present juncture, about how Ole' Cotton should be Ye Old Cotton as it is traditional Quaker or some such BS. Now you have effectively shortened to YE... and thus the legend continues...

Cleveland Browns W 41-3 This game would be a rout... plain and simple.

@NY Jets W 24-10 Jets playing good defense, but not enough to compete in this one.

@Carolina Panthers W 44-17 Should cruise to another victory in this one

Houston Texans W 34-17 Texans play well, keep it close for a while.

BYE

@Tennessee Titans W 28-14

@Jacksonville Jaguars W 34-7

Miami Dolphins W 42-20

New York Jets W 21-14

@Kansas City Chiefs W 38-7

New England Patriots W 31-17

Indianapolis Colts L 24-28

@Atlanta Falcons L 17-28 With the division locked up, time to rest the starters

11-5 and they'd surely blaze a trail to the Super Bowl

Cleveland Browns W 41-3 This game would be a rout... plain and simple.

@NY Jets W 24-10 Jets playing good defense, but not enough to compete in this one.

@Carolina Panthers W 44-17 Should cruise to another victory in this one

Houston Texans W 34-17 Texans play well, keep it close for a while.

BYE

@Tennessee Titans W 28-14

@Jacksonville Jaguars W 34-7

Miami Dolphins W 42-20

New York Jets W 21-14

@Kansas City Chiefs W 38-7

New England Patriots W 31-17

Indianapolis Colts L 24-28

@Atlanta Falcons L 17-28 With the division locked up, time to rest the starters

11-5 and they'd surely blaze a trail to the Super Bowl

I'd probably flip the Cheatriots and Colts results, but I'd agree 2 L's the rest of the way through. Imagine what they could have done had this been '90. W/ Jimbo, Talley, and Bruce not being nearly 50, they should've taken all of them.