Arthur Guinness...a man of vision & great taste!!!

Beerball

I'm not much of a Guiness fan, but I did drink it once on draught and served ice cold (which is probably sacrilege.) The cold really took the edge of the bitterness and it tasted damn good.

PTR

http://www.greensbeverages.com/guinness.html

What is the optimum serving temperature for Guinness?

Guinness Stout should be served at between 5-8 degrees Celsius.

I'm not much of a Guiness fan, but I did drink it once on draught and served ice cold (which is probably sacrilege.) The cold really took the edge of the bitterness and it tasted damn good.

PTR

The colder you serve beer, the less taste it will have. That is why you see Coors Light commercials telling you serve it as cold as possible. They don't want you to actually taste their "beer."

Typically, you serve beer about 5-10 degrees below fermentation temperatures for optimal flavor. If the brewer tells you to serve it colder, then they are trying to dumb down the flavors to get you to drink it.

The colder you serve beer, the less taste it will have. That is why you see Coors Light commercials telling you serve it as cold as possible. They don't want you to actually taste their "beer."

Typically, you serve beer about 5-10 degrees below fermentation temperatures for optimal flavor. If the brewer tells you to serve it colder, then they are trying to dumb down the flavors to get you to drink it.

There is flavor...and there is bitter. Guiness is pretty bitter unless it's cold. Some people may like bitter. I don't.

PTR

There is flavor...and there is bitter. Guiness is pretty bitter unless it's cold. Some people may like bitter. I don't.

PTR

Bitter is a flavor. :wallbash:

Regardless, if you like it less bitter, that is fine. All I was addressing was the serving temperature.

Seeing I'm a wine drinker not a beer drinker it's the same thing. It drives me nuts that places serve white wine ice cold and you can't taste it. I prefer it "cellar temperature" which is around 55 degrees.