Getting from the Airport to the Stadium on GameDay

JDG

Hi Everyone, I have a friend who is landing at Buffalo Airport at 10:30am on Sunday to go to the Bills-Browns game. Has anyone tried getting from the airport to the Stadium on gameday? Estimates about how long it would take? Anyone ever try using a taxi and have any problems with it?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Everyone, I have a friend who is landing at Buffalo Airport at 10:30am on Sunday to go to the Bills-Browns game. Has anyone tried getting from the airport to the Stadium on gameday? Estimates about how long it would take? Anyone ever try using a taxi and have any problems with it?

Thanks in advance!

Do it how all the other big name arrivals at Buf/Nia do it when they go to 1 Bills Drive. White Limo all the way baby.

Truthfully, traffic shouldn't be bad. My suggestion is go east from the Airport on Genessee to Transit RD and take that south to Southwestern Blvd and eventually the Ralph.

Do it how all the other big name arrivals at Buf/Nia do it when they go to 1 Bills Drive. White Limo all the way baby.

Truthfully, traffic shouldn't be bad. My suggestion is go east from the Airport on Genessee to Transit RD and take that south to Southwestern Blvd and eventually the Ralph.

Agreed, we did the same thing last year but with a 9.30 flight. You might hit more traffic than we did. Tell that guy carry on only!

Thanks in advance!

It is going to be packed at the stadium by 11 since its 1 o'clock game. Be sure to go back to your house as quick as possible and unpack unless you are going straight to the stadium.

In this case I would just park in any of the cheap lots for $5 and walk to the stadium b/c if you don't... there's a good chance you miss kickoff.

That's my safest advice.

This friend of mine is actually flying in for the game only (he flies a lot for work, and always has more miles than he can use). So definitely no luggage to worry about, and definitely going straight to the Stadium...

We are debating whether to try picking him at the airport and driving from there - or just telling him to take a taxi for expediency....

I've heard some bad stories about the BUF taxi cab operator - has anyone had any problems? Any concern that the taxi would balk at going to the Stadium?

This friend of mine is actually flying in for the game only (he flies a lot for work, and always has more miles than he can use). So definitely no luggage to worry about, and definitely going straight to the Stadium...

We are debating whether to try picking him at the airport and driving from there - or just telling him to take a taxi for expediency....

I've heard some bad stories about the BUF taxi cab operator - has anyone had any problems? Any concern that the taxi would balk at going to the Stadium?

I hear the cabbies have issues with not having exact change :unsure:

Thanks in advance!

Unfortunately there is no direct way to get from the airport to RWS using public transportation. NFTA has buses to RWS on gamedays. Route 95 Thruway Mall Transit Center is the closest to the airport though it will still cost you around $20 to take a cab there. A cab ride directly to RWS would be astronomical. Then there is the problem of finding a cab to get back.

I suggest just renting a car. It will cost you around $50 for 24hrs but it will be the most hassle-free way to go. To get to RWS by car I strongly suggest you avoid I-90. It's always backed up on game days. The easiest way to drive to RWS is via Union Rd./Southwestern Blvd.

(Here is a map.)

When you leave the airport, make a right on Genesee. Don't get on 33. Turn left on Union Rd and travel 8.7 miles south until Union ends at Orchard Park Rd. You make a left and then an immediate soft right onto Southwestern. (It's a 5-way intersection. A hard right put you on Lake Rd. Take the 2nd right. That's Southwestern.) From there it's just 2.5 miles to RWS.

For an easier escape after the game, park on a lot on Southwestern. There is a private lot before the railroad bridge at the End Zone tavern. They charge $6. It's a bit of a walk (10 minutes) but you will have no trouble leaving. Parking in a stadium lot costs $25 and will take you over an hour to leave.

PTR

Unfortunately there is no direct way to get from the airport to RWS using public transportation. NFTA has buses to RWS on gamedays. Route 95 Thruway Mall Transit Center is the closest to the airport though it will still cost you around $20 to take a cab there. A cab ride directly to RWS would be astronomical. Then there is the problem of finding a cab to get back.

I suggest just renting a car. It will cost you around $50 for 24hrs but it will be the most hassle-free way to go. To get to RWS by car I strongly suggest you avoid I-90. It's always backed up on game days. The easiest way to drive to RWS is via Union Rd./Southwestern Blvd.

(Here is a map.)

When you leave the airport, make a right on Genesee. Don't get on 33. Turn left on Union Rd and travel 8.7 miles south until Union ends at Orchard Park Rd. You make a left and then an immediate soft right onto Southwestern. (It's a 5-way intersection. A hard right put you on Lake Rd. Take the 2nd right. That's Southwestern.) From there it's just 2.5 miles to RWS.

For an easier escape after the game, park on a lot on Southwestern. There is a private lot before the railroad bridge at the End Zone tavern. They charge $6. It's a bit of a walk (10 minutes) but you will have no trouble leaving. Parking in a stadium lot costs $25 and will take you over an hour to leave.

PTR

If the plan is to rent a car, I suggest using priceline for a compact. You can probably pick one up on their for about 20 bucks or less

My son and I leave Rochester at 10 AM, meaning we cruise by the airport by around 11. Traffic on the Thruway really is not that bad. My advice though is to go past the 219, through the toll booth, then get off the 90 at exit 56 (Milestrip). We turn left onto Milestrip, then cut through the Home Depot/plaza and go right onto McKinley by Wegmans. Then take the first left onto Brompton and left onto Southwestern by ECC. You can get into Lot 3 from there or park any place along there for $10 to $15. Park on the left of Southwestern though so you take all rights out of there. Just reverse it on the way out.

20+ years of experience talking here :unsure:

If the plan is to rent a car, I suggest using priceline for a compact. You can probably pick one up on their for about 20 bucks or less

I never tried Priceline for a rental car. Buffalo is just one of those places where rental cars are always expensive. Years ago you could get a car for the weekend (3 days) at Enterprise for just $9.99 a day. Never been a deal that good since.

EDIT: Just tried Priceline for the Texans game weekend. Best price: Enterprise at $43/day.

PTR

I never tried Priceline for a rental car. Buffalo is just one of those places where rental cars are always expensive. Years ago you could get a car for the weekend (3 days) at Enterprise for just $9.99 a day. Never been a deal that good since.

EDIT: Just tried Priceline for the Texans game weekend. Best price: Enterprise at $43/day.

PTR

I live by priceline for any type of short trips

43??? what did you get?