Historical Game of the Week

KRC

I thought I would spend this week talking about the Original Buffalo Bills {Insert shameless plug for KRC's upcoming book on the Original Buffalo Bills}. This was the first of two regular season games against Cleveland. Buffalo played well in both games and ended up being the only team to go through a regular season and not lose to the Browns. Here is the story of their first meeting that year:

September 5, 1949: Cleveland Browns vs. Buffalo Bills

:cry: Great stuff as usual, Ken!

Paul Brown showed the NFL they weren't 'all that' when they joined in '50. To NOT LOSE to them twice in a regular season, probably didn't happen much in the 50's either.

OK, the Bills were were a mainstay in the All American Conference and -I'm sure- well represented by the fans. They made the playoffs in the last year of exisitance, but weren't 'invited' to join the NFL.

Why?

Edgar ‘Special Delivery’ Jones -Love that moniker!

Edit: Damn Saban..

OK, the Bills were were a mainstay in the All American Conference and -I'm sure- well represented by the fans. They made the playoffs in the last year of exisitance, but weren't 'invited' to join the NFL.

Why?

$$$

It is just that simple. George Preston Marshall originally did not want Baltimore in the NFL, since it infringed on his territorial rights. His opinion changed when the league tossed a bunch of money at him. Then, he saw it as a "natural rivalry that could generate more fan interest." Of course, Baltimore sucked in 1950 and closed up shop after the season.

BTW: HFBD old-timer!!!

$$$

It is just that simple. George Preston Marshall originally did not want Baltimore in the NFL, since it infringed on his territorial rights. His opinion changed when the league tossed a bunch of money at him. Then, he saw it as a "natural rivalry that could generate more fan interest." Of course, Baltimore sucked in 1950 and closed up shop after the season.

BTW: HFBD old-timer!!!

:unsure: Thanks! Yeah, me and Dick..

So, did Ralph go with the team name 'Bills' because of local recognition?