I wonder if Chris Polian would take the GM job here?

ACor58

I would love to see Ralph make the move, especially since Chris spent a good portion of his life in Buffalo.

I would shitcan Modrak and Guy because they suck.

I would shitcan Russ Brandon for not shitcanning Modrak and Guy last year.

And I would shitcan Chuck Lester because he looks like Paul Hamilton.

Let the younger Polian one up his old man.

I would love to see Ralph make the move, especially since Chris spent a good portion of his life in Buffalo.

As long as ralph is owner, no way in hell would he work here. His dad has surely told him what it was like to work for Ralph already.

I think our best shot is if Brandon gets 'promoted' to team President, and is therefore in charge of hiring a GM, but otherwise does not have a definite impact on football operations. He seems to be the only guy off-field who even has a prayer of being a decent mind.

Why does everyone think Polian is this football GM God? What has he done since leaving Buffalo? He had one of the best QB's to play the game fall into his lap while drafting at the top of the draft and has won 1 Super bowl. His defences have been mediocre all while they ride a strong offence made up of some high draft picks cause they were bad for so long. Where would Polian be without Manning being a Colt?

Why does everyone think Polian is this football GM God? What has he done since leaving Buffalo? He had one of the best QB's to play the game fall into his lap while drafting at the top of the draft and has won 1 Super bowl. His defences have been mediocre all while they ride a strong offence made up of some high draft picks cause they were bad for so long. Where would Polian be without Manning being a Colt?

He also led the expansion Carolina Panthers to the NFC championship game in their second (?) season. He also drafted Peyton Manning when pundits thought Ryan Leaf was better. Drafted Reggie Wayne, Joseph Addai, Dwight Freeney, Bob Sanders, Edgerin James, and a handful of other players. Not to mention all of the other players he drafted for the Bills. He also traded for Cornelius Bennett. He also hired Marv Levy and Tony Dungy.

Meanwhile look at the Bills since he left. Did we draft anyone near the caliber of Wayne, Freeney, or Sanders? Don't tell me Lee Evans, Aaron Schobel, and Whitner.

You are right Polian sucks! :w00t::cry:

He also led the expansion Carolina Panthers to the NFC championship game in their second (?) season. He also drafted Peyton Manning when pundits thought Ryan Leaf was better. Drafted Reggie Wayne, Joseph Addai, Dwight Freeney, Bob Sanders, Edgerin James, and a handful of other players. Not to mention all of the other players he drafted for the Bills. He also traded for Cornelius Bennett. He also hired Marv Levy and Tony Dungy.

Meanwhile look at the Bills since he left. Did we draft anyone near the caliber of Wayne, Freeney, or Sanders? Don't tell me Lee Evans, Aaron Schobel, and Whitner.

You are right Polian sucks! :w00t::cry:

Well he never instilled high character in the team like Marv did.

I was thinking the same thing before the last draft. He would need some time, he has good bloodlines too. I like him for the Gm & give him total control pay him 3 million a year & a coach up to 5 million winning will sell more tickets then T.O. .

Polian has one more Super Bowl than all 50 years of Bills football. I would love to have one ring at this point, no one would argu with that right.

As long as ralph is owner, no way in hell would he work here. His dad has surely told him what it was like to work for Ralph already.

BINGO! See RALPH is the problem and we might (that is a BIG Might) make the playoffs again with Ralph as owner, but it is highly unlikely unless he gets out from being involved in football operations/decision and that is not going to happen unless he becomes ill. I do not ish that for him at all, however...honestly.

Some day is the future the Bills will be sold and that will either be a great day (good soild owner committed to keeping the Bill in Buffalo) for the Buffalo Bills or a horrible day, new owner that wants to move the team.

While I suffer with you all in a puddle of ill-drenched hope, I long for a new day in Buffalo for the Bills. That is really what I long for. Peace.

I would love for Chris Polian to come here. He has had a pretty high up position with the Colts for a decent amount of time and obviously has been taught by his dad so he is qualified beyond his name. I don't know if he would want to come here though. Honestly he might just want to stick around with his dad and take over for him in 3-5 years with the Colts.

However if Ralph could mend ties enough with Bill Polian and talk to Chris about being the GM (Hell give him president of football operations if thats what it takes). Chris has strong ties to Buffalo and there are only 32 jobs for GM's in the world so if he could take a job while he can he just might take it.

Its a move Ralph wouldn't make but if he swallowed his pride and made the move I think the team would be on the right track for the first time in a while. Either way this season fire DJ put in April and than go from there see what Trent and the rest of the boys have to offer and next season put in a new coaching staff and a GM that actually knows football.

So to conclude my rant I think its not likely but not out of the question for Chris to come here. He seems to be the successor to his dad BUT why wait when he could strike while the iron is hot and take a job with a team he has close ties to. A lot could happen in 3-5 years when Bill retires (Assuming that he retires anyone know how old he is?) ownership could fall out of love with him and hire someone else so don't wait for the perfect job take the job that's out there right now.