What Have you Bought from an Infomercial

plenzmd1

So I admit i get sucked into watching infomercials from time to time. I have always been skeptical, so have only bought two things.

1) Some personal grooming ting for men about 6 years ago. This was more of a 1 minute commercial, but the thing absolutely sucked.

2) Banjo Minnows.. Just bought these , and dam if they don't work. Takes a bit to get the action down, but my son and me tested it against other lures and baits, and in our little tests over two times fishing we caught way more with the Banjo Minnows. I would not have bought them, but the outdoor guy for the Richmond paper bought them and loved them, so I figured WTH?

http://www.banjominnowstore.com/

Anybody else have good things to say about product bought from an infomercial?

While not an actual infomercial, oxyclean works wonders. We love the stuff and use it for any cleaning that requires an abrasive, like mopping, scrubbing tubs, etc. Great for cleaning out the lime in dishwashers, coffee pots, shower heads, etc. too.

I had an ex-girlfriend buy one of those electronic ab cruncher belt things

By itself, that wasn't a bad purchase. But the special ab cruncher gel you were supposed to apply was ridiculously overpriced. After a couple tubes of that stuff, I looked at the ingredients.

Next time she ran out of gel, I gave her a wet washcloth and explained to her it's the same thing, just less gooey and a lot cheaper

Good topic, I almost started a thread like this after an experience last year. I was on vacation and decided to pick up a box of those KINOKI foot pads. They're self-adhesive and you put them on your feet before you go to sleep. Overnight they are supposed to drain impurities and toxins through your feet and collect them in the pad. I'm sure you've seen the commercial where the people remove the gross greenish/grayish pad in the a.m. Well guess what? It's a scam. :lol::lol: $20.00 down the drain. The pads are pre-filled with bamboo shavings and vinegar and your body heat causes the change in color.

Sucker born every minute.

While not an actual infomercial, oxyclean works wonders. We love the stuff and use it for any cleaning that requires an abrasive, like mopping, scrubbing tubs, etc. Great for cleaning out the lime in dishwashers, coffee pots, shower heads, etc. too.

I agree. :lol:

I've only ever used it in the laundry and it get stains out you wouldn't believe. I never thought about using it those other ways. I'll have to try it, Thanks. :lol:

My wife bought one of the NuWave's oven and it works great.

The hearing thing I bought after her persistent bugging of me does not work at all.

The watering glass balls work but are so fragile that she told me not to buy anymore.

I also bought those green bags they sell on TV but when they were on sale in store not from TV.

It is obvious from the commercials and reviews of people who try to return items that the postage is what they are making the majority of the money from.

My wife bought one of the NuWave's oven and it works great.

The hearing thing I bought after her persistent bugging of me does not work at all.

The watering glass balls work but are so fragile that she told me not to buy anymore.

I also bought those green bags they sell on TV but when they were on sale in store not from TV.

It is obvious from the commercials and reviews of people who try to return items that the postage is what they are making the majority of the money from.

The ones that are supposed to keep produce fresher longer?? How did they work?

The ones that are supposed to keep produce fresher longer?? How did they work?

I bought those in the store after seeing them on TV, and they do work really well. They are not really reusable, but i thnk they save you enough in not throwing away produce that we use them pretty regular now.

I bought Green Now, the green, pet safe/fertilizer spray you put on burned out spots on your lawn from the dog pi$$ing.

2 major FAILS in the product. First, the can says good for 400 applications. OK I knew I wouldn't get that many, but I didn't even make it through the 20-25 spots that I had on my lawn.

Second, it sprayed on bright green and then faded over the course of the day to a slightly greener shade of the brown I already had.

Don't waste your money on this one.

I had an ex-girlfriend buy one of those electronic ab cruncher belt things

By itself, that wasn't a bad purchase. But the special ab cruncher gel you were supposed to apply was ridiculously overpriced. After a couple tubes of that stuff, I looked at the ingredients.

Next time she ran out of gel, I gave her a wet washcloth and explained to her it's the same thing, just less gooey and a lot cheaper

There is a joke in here somewhere... Give me time to work on it!

:unsure::thumbdown:

I bought the Topsy-Turvy... And I have to admit, it worked great! Was a bad year for tomatos and the thing tends to dry out fast... But, I still got a lot of fruit!

Next year, I am trying strawberries... Somebody said they work great in those planters.

There is a joke in here somewhere... Give me time to work on it!

:unsure::thumbdown:

I bought the Topsy-Turvy... And I have to admit, it worked great! Was a bad year for tomatos and the thing tends to dry out fast... But, I still got a lot of fruit!

Next year, I am trying strawberries... Somebody said they work great in those planters.

Yep my sister bought that and didn't like it much...can't remember why just now, but know she said she will not buy next year

Yep my sister bought that and didn't like it much...can't remember why just now, but know she said she will not buy next year

Really! Was it because she forget to water it. It does dry out fast, especially if you have it in the sun or gets windy. Make sure you have sturdy hooks... I raise and lower it with a rope rachet. I also found out that you can put two plants in one... But it is best to put one... Grows too big! I still have tomatoes growing right now and new leaf forming. I do admit, it has been a bad year for them and they have been having a rough time ripening (cool nights through the summer).