Remedial Bills History 101:

Please forgive my ignorance. I know there was some falling out between ol' Ralphy and Polian. And Polian took his midas touch with him, to Carolina and then to Indy. But I was never clear on the reason for the split. I guess I was in a daze from too many consecutive super bowl losses. Was the reason ever made clear? Was it just some stupid personal animosity?

Anyway, I'm sure all this has been discussed ad nauseum, but I think I missed it all somehow. I don't mean to spark a controversy, but is there something I missed?

Please forgive my ignorance. I know there was some falling out between ol' Ralphy and Polian. And Polian took his midas touch with him, to Carolina and then to Indy. But I was never clear on the reason for the split. I guess I was in a daze from too many consecutive super bowl losses. Was the reason ever made clear? Was it just some stupid personal animosity?

Anyway, I'm sure all this has been discussed ad nauseum, but I think I missed it all somehow. I don't mean to spark a controversy, but is there something I missed?

I don't know how much of this is actually true for sure, but this was discussed a month or so ago here...

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?...9&hl=polian

In regard to the ongoing "Jim Kelly investment group buying the the team" rumors - I've always had this vision that Jim's old pal, Bill Polian, could somehow be involved, should that scenerio ever come to pass.

Wouldn't it be perfect if several of the old superbowl Bills had some ownership rights with Polian steering the ship, and in some wonderful Hollywood ending, they all got their belated superbowl rings together?!

In regard to the ongoing "Jim Kelly investment group buying the the team" rumors - I've always had this vision that Jim's old pal, Bill Polian, could somehow be involved, should that scenerio ever come to pass.

Wouldn't it be perfect if several of the old superbowl Bills had some ownership rights with Polian steering the ship, and in some wonderful Hollywood ending, they all got their belated superbowl rings together?!

That would be the perfect situation for the Bills yet I doubt that is going to come to fruition. I think Polian's son has a pretty important job in the Colts so maybe we should try to get him to come to Buffalo once Ralph passes. Either way Polian leaving was a big reason for the current state of the franchise.

If he had stayed I don't know if we would have a Championship but we would have had some pretty competitive teams that would have made some serious runs at titles. Does anyone know if Kelly and that group are still trying to buy the Bills?