49ers, Falcons, Ravens, Jets, Dolphins, and Broncos

Got_Wood

When a team shakes things up and removes an entire coaching staff and starts over, it can do wonders for the fan base. Many of these teams have been losing for quite a while now, and have turned things around. But it can't be just any coach, or any staff. It needs to be carefully thought out, and things need to happen THE WAY THE NEW HEAD COACH WANTS IT TO without any interference from the owner on staffing decisions and player roster positions.

The Bills could benefit greatly from a big move like this. However, Ralph needs to keep his paws off of the new head coaches system. No more "draft this guy" or "cut this guy" or "hire this position coach from within" BS. If we bring in a guy like Cowher, he needs to call the shots.

I'm even somewhat envious of the Lions, Chiefs, and Rams. Right now, they're terrible teams. BUT, they've got good coaches in place and they're heading in the right direction. Next year I think we'll all see the results of the changes those organizations made.

First step, remove the cancer (Jauron)...

When a team shakes things up and removes an entire coaching staff and starts over, it can do wonders for the fan base. Many of these teams have been losing for quite a while now, and have turned things around. But it can't be just any coach, or any staff. It needs to be carefully thought out, and things need to happen THEIR WAY without any interference from the owner on staffing decisions and player roster positions.

The Bills could benefit greatly from a big move like this. However, Ralph needs to keep his paws off of the new head coaches system. No more "draft this guy" or "cut this guy" or "hire this position coach from within" BS. If we bring in a guy like Cowher, he needs to call the shots.

I'm even somewhat envious of the Lions, Chiefs, and Rams. Right now, they're terrible teams. BUT, they've got good coaches in place and they're heading in the right direction. Next year I think we'll all see the results of the changes those organizations made.

I love what the 49ers are doing, mainly because I've always been a fan of Singletary. Samurai Mike is turning his team into warriors and is doing so with unheralded Shaun Hill as his QB!

The man deserved a chance to be a HC and San Francisco took the chance. And its going to pay out in spades.

The Chiefs were a certifiable mess the last few years. They now have a strong front office headed by Scott Pioli, a good offensive-minded coach in Haley and a decent QB in Matt Cassell. They'll be fine.

As for the Lions - give Schwartz a year or two and that team will feature a defense that will terrorize the league. Schwartz knows D.

The Broncs are the biggest surprise. Their D is amazing. Which is odd because their HC McDaniels was an O-coordinator.

I love what the 49ers are doing, mainly because I've always been a fan of Singletary. Samurai Mike is turning his team into warriors and is doing so with unheralded Shaun Hill as his QB!

The man deserved a chance to be a HC and San Francisco took the chance. And its going to pay out in spades.

The Chiefs were a certifiable mess the last few years. They now have a strong front office headed by Scott Pioli, a good offensive-minded coach in Haley and a decent QB in Matt Cassell. They'll be fine.

As for the Lions - give Schwartz a year or two and that team will feature a defense that will terrorize the league. Schwartz knows D.

The Broncs are the biggest surprise. Their D is amazing. Which is odd because their HC McDaniels was an O-coordinator.

Agree on all fronts. The common denominator in Schwartz and McDaniels success is their countless hours in the film room. Both of them started their careers analyzing film for their respective head coaches, and that work ethic has translated to success on a larger scale. McDaniels success on defense can also be attributed to the hiring of Mike Nolan, who has those guys prepared every week to demoralize opponents.

We can only wish something like this happens to the Bills soon.

I disagree. I think they need to chop off the snake closer to the head.

ASAP they need to hire a "football mind" as a President/GM and allow him to clean house, evaluate, and bring on scouting andf coaching staff(s) he sees fit. The sooner the better so the man can come in and begin to evaluate during the course of this "lost" season.

Switching coaches doesnt change the fact that we have the Three Stooges in the front office making terrible decisions

I disagree. I think they need to chop off the snake closer to the head.

ASAP they need to hire a "football mind" as a President/GM and allow him to clean house, evaluate, and bring on scouting andf coaching staff(s) he sees fit. The sooner the better so the man can come in and begin to evaluate during the course of this "lost" season.

Switching coaches doesnt change the fact that we have the Three Stooges in the front office making terrible decisions

I agree 90%. I kind of like Russ Brandon, and I believe that he hasn't been able to make the decisions he's wanted to make (firing Turk and Jauron after last season). But Modrak, Overdorf, and Guy have all been employed far too long. Let Russ bring in a new head coach, and they can come up with a plan together on who they need to employ at One Bills Drive.

(Although, it wouldn't kill me if we just completely cleaned house.)