'Riskiest' foods

Beerball

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[edit] Post-Exxon Valdez

Captain Hazelwood never had his masters' license revoked and it remains valid to this date, but he has been unable to find long-term work as a captain after the spill. In a show of solidarity his alma mater, SUNY Maritime College, hired him as a teacher aboard the T/S Empire State V the year after the incident with the Valdez. In 1997, he was working as a paralegal and maritime consultant with New York City's Chalos & Brown, the firm that represented him in his legal cases. He was residing on Long Island in Huntington, New York in 1997.[10]

Though he was originally sentenced to assist with the cleanup of the oil spill, due to the lengthy appeals process, his community service was conducted in the Anchorage, Alaska, area, beginning in June 1999 picking up trash from local roads then later moving to Bean's Cafe, a local soup kitchen.[11] His community service was conducted over five years with the Anchorage Parks Beautification Program.[12] He paid the $50,000 fine in May 2002.[13]

It can happen to anyone.

Thinking about bras and brewery's together does have some charm.

Skipped all my French classes. Took German. Felt they had a more "dynamic" outlook.

Learning that barbarian german language is totally useless ... 90% of the germans speak good english while frenchmen are about as bad as americans to learn foreign tongues...

Learning that barbarian german language is totally useless ... 90% of the germans speak good english while frenchmen are about as bad as americans to learn foreign tongues...

In my day German was a required collage course. Many of the scientific papers were published in it.

French was only required for aspiring cream puff chiefs.

1970s cream puff, but thats what they wanted. I think you had to go to a liberal arts school to learn French. :wallbash:

Well in fact i'm sure it depends a lot on the kind of scientific studies you made. In mechanics, machinery, physics, chemical issues there's a lot more scientific work coming from Germany... On the contrary in aeronautics, medecine, biology, food and agriculture fields the french research is much better than the german...

Well in fact i'm sure it depends a lot on the kind of scientific studies you made. In mechanics, machinery, physics, chemical issues there's a lot more scientific work coming from Germany... On the contrary in aeronautics, medecine, biology, food and agriculture fields the french research is much better than the german...

It was inorganic chemistry. Really, not to restart WW I here, but I don't recall French even being offered.

It was inorganic chemistry. Really, not to restart WW I here, but I don't recall French even being offered.

inorganic chemistry... not surprised you were asked to learned german. Germany is by far the biggest player in the european chemical industry, especially in fields not linked to biology. And even in pharma chemistry german must be important considering the big role of the swiss pharma giants ...

inorganic chemistry... not surprised you were asked to learned german. Germany is by far the biggest player in the european chemical industry, especially in fields not linked to biology. And even in pharma chemistry german must be important considering the big role of the swiss pharma giants ...

Well if it makes you feel better I remember virtually none of it-never did have much practical use.

My sister in law learned to speak fluent French just to appear "sophisticated" so I guess it was not a complete waste

Well if it makes you feel better I remember virtually none of it-never did have much practical use.

My sister in law learned to speak fluent French just to appear "sophisticated" so I guess it was not a complete waste

feel better? he you know in this world once you speak decent english the rest is just for fun. Learning foreign languages other than english is great to understand the culture, to open your mind on a new universe but franckly it has not much practical use if you don't live just next door of a foreign country! So that does not bother at all that an american learn german instead of french... in fact if i were american i'd probably learn spanish, japanese and chinese before going to french or german...

Well Eva Braun was kinda hot.

well OK german can be useful to seduce german girls! But well... if the legend about french women not shaving their legs has no base in the real world the same can not be said about german women!... and well as soon as they start to speak they lost all sex appeal that may have survived the "leg effect"!

i confess i'm not a walkyrie fan!

well OK german can be useful to seduce german girls! But well... if the legend about french women not shaving their legs has no base in the real world the same can not be said about german women!... and well as soon as they start to speak they lost all sex appeal that may have survived the "leg effect"!

Not only German women, believe me :wallbash: