Can we please get COLT MCCOY

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The more I watch, the more I'm liking Jimmy Clausen.

I think if he decides to come out after this year (he's a junior), I could seriously see him being the #1 QB in the draft.

Has Calusen ever play good agaisnt a non-terrible defense? Add to that he plays for Weis (terrible head coach but great offensive coach) and throws to one of the best receiving cores. He is a bust waiting to happen.

I'd sign or trade for a veteran who has proven he can play in the NFL and commands respect from his team mates and is a leader and try to draft Offensive Linemen if there any good ones available. Drafting a QB is too risky. Remember Ryan Leaf, Alex Smith, Matt Leinert, Andre Ware, ...

..JP Losman....

Has Calusen ever play good agaisnt a non-terrible defense? Add to that he plays for Weis (terrible head coach but great offensive coach) and throws to one of the best receiving cores. He is a bust waiting to happen.

True about the soft defenses he's faced this year. But it does seem as though he's finally put together some consistency this year, and he's shown that he's willing to put in the time necessary to become a better QB. You mention Weis, which is another reason to like him: he runs a pro-style offense (unlike Tebow, McCoy and Bradford) which means he takes more snaps from under center, reads defenses at the LOS, goes through the necessary progressions. This will allow him to transition to the pro game faster and to focus on learning the playbook, reading NFL defenses rather than trying to learn basic QB fundamentals like QBs playing in the spread will. He has also played through some pain the last couple of games and still put up some great numbers. He's also played on some pretty young (relatively speaking) teams at ND and he recently lost his #1 WR in Floyd, and dude still has been impressive. He has also "willed" his team to victory, posting an OT win last week against WAS, leading his team from behind against MICH only to have his defense blow it in a pretty hostile environment.

The ND v USC game will be a good barometer of where Clausen stands as an NFL prospect.

Still needs to work on his foot work, reading defenses, and pocket presence. But he's been really accurate, has great size, and has a phenomenal arm.

He could be the number 1 overall pick in the draft next year if he keeps it up. I'd take him over any of the other QBs in this class.

True about the soft defenses he's faced this year. But it does seem as though he's finally put together some consistency this year, and he's shown that he's willing to put in the time necessary to become a better QB. You mention Weis, which is another reason to like him: he runs a pro-style offense (unlike Tebow, McCoy and Bradford) which means he takes more snaps from under center, reads defenses at the LOS, goes through the necessary progressions. This will allow him to transition to the pro game faster and to focus on learning the playbook, reading NFL defenses rather than trying to learn basic QB fundamentals like QBs playing in the spread will. He has also played through some pain the last couple of games and still put up some great numbers. He's also played on some pretty young (relatively speaking) teams at ND and he recently lost his #1 WR in Floyd, and dude still has been impressive. He has also "willed" his team to victory, posting an OT win last week against WAS, leading his team from behind against MICH only to have his defense blow it in a pretty hostile environment.

The ND v USC game will be a good barometer of where Clausen stands as an NFL prospect.

Still needs to work on his foot work, reading defenses, and pocket presence. But he's been really accurate, has great size, and has a phenomenal arm.

He could be the number 1 overall pick in the draft next year if he keeps it up. I'd take him over any of the other QBs in this class.

If he plays well against USC, it will show a ton. Until then, he is a product of a great scheme with great offensive talent who pads his stats against poor competition. Plus, he looks like a little weasel. i like Locker and Pike so much more.

If he plays well against USC, it will show a ton. Until then, he is a product of a great scheme with great offensive talent who pads his stats against poor competition. Plus, he looks like a little weasel. i like Locker and Pike so much more.

I hate it when people talk about weak/poor competition. Has Joe Flacco suffered from facing inferior Division II competition? How about Tony Romo? What about Kurt Warner?

Then again, how has Matt Leinart fared? Vince Young?

Competition is an anomaly. Accuracy, football smarts, and a canon arm aren't.

I hate it when people talk about weak/poor competition. Has Joe Flacco suffered from facing inferior Division II competition? How about Tony Romo? What about Kurt Warner?

Then again, how has Matt Leinart fared? Vince Young?

Competition is an anomaly. Accuracy, football smarts, and a canon arm aren't.

Romo, Warner, and Flacco all had to carry teams. Clausen, Leianrt, Young played with some of the best talent in the country. They were all in great systems where a lot of Qbs could succeed in.

Locker and Pike play with nothing and carry their teams. Big difference.

The thing is everybody here talks about brady there is only a handful of QB's that are good that can be found in later rounds. Lets get a big school QB.

Considering how many 1st rounders we have spent on QBs over the years, I don't think the front office is much of a hurry to get another "top" QB. We have wasted first rounders on Losman, Johnson, and Bledsoe. And really, I don't think they solved our QB problems. We have become a team where QBs come to die. I think we should solve the problem of why QBs have so much trouble here, rather than sacrificing another QB to the pit. Even though those 3 probably didn't have a good chance of success, we made it much worse for them.

Romo, Warner, and Flacco all had to carry teams. Clausen, Leianrt, Young played with some of the best talent in the country. They were all in great systems where a lot of Qbs could succeed in.

Well, flacco had a good oline, great RBs, and one of the best defenses..... so he didn't really "carry" them.

And I think Romo has held back the cowboys, since he makes terrible mistakes under pressure. I mean, they would have won a playoff game if he just held the ball right on that kick instead of fumbling it.

So I don't think they carried their teams.

I agree it starts up front and it should be adressed first I just think Tebow will end up leading a team to a S.B. eventually.

Jake Locker and Tony Pike are the only good QBs in this draft. They would be perfect for Buffalo given the conditions they play in and they need blue chippers to carry them.

Jake Locker is only a Junior this year. I live in Seattle and have seen him play a lot. I'm not convinced. He's getting better but he makes a lot of his big plays running.

I'll say it all season long and in the off season. Get someone who has shown they can play in the NFL, not a rookie. I don't want to sacrifice another 3 season while a rookie learns how to play. Free Agents and trade bait will be available. Always is.

Jake Locker is only a Junior this year. I live in Seattle and have seen him play a lot. I'm not convinced. He's getting better but he makes a lot of his big plays running.

I'll say it all season long and in the off season. Get someone who has shown they can play in the NFL, not a rookie. I don't want to sacrifice another 3 season while a rookie learns how to play. Free Agents and trade bait will be available. Always is.

If a guy has proven that he can play in the NFL and has also proven that he is starter quality, he won't be available.

I mean, seriously, who is both available and decent? You have to go with the draft. But you have to make a good choice, whether the guy is an FA or draft choice.

Well, flacco had a good oline, great RBs, and one of the best defenses..... so he didn't really "carry" them.

And I think Romo has held back the cowboys, since he makes terrible mistakes under pressure. I mean, they would have won a playoff game if he just held the ball right on that kick instead of fumbling it.

So I don't think they carried their teams.

He was talking about those guys when they were in College....

I agree on Locker, he looks like he has "it". Should be interesting to see if he comes out this year, and how teams react to his rising stock....

seriously this is a stupid thread but the bills need a 1st rounder to get back into things.. Please I want MCCOY...

He has a weak arm and his numbers are inflated by playing in a top program. Need I remind you of the last first rounder we took from Texas?

I like Jevan Snead and even better, if he comes out as a junior, Jake Locker from Washington.