Jauron " I blame myself" article

HeHateMe78

article just came out at NFL.com (we actually made the headlines)

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8...mp;confirm=true

What say you?

He'd come across more credible if he actually discussed how the team stinks and expressed a determination to make changes and/or corections instead of covering for players and coaches that are underperforming.

Does it really matter? He could blame himself, blame his dog, blame the kid selling hot dogs, or blame his 1st grade teacher. It's just jaws flapping.

Nothing is going to change. They aren't going to look for better players. Nobody is going to get benched. They aren't going to change schemes. They're just going to do what they've been doing since last October, when the wheels exploded off the wagon.

Does it really matter? He could blame himself, blame his dog, blame the kid selling hot dogs, or blame his 1st grade teacher. It's just jaws flapping.

Nothing is going to change. They aren't going to look for better players. Nobody is going to get benched. They aren't going to change schemes. They're just going to do what they've been doing since last October, when the wheels exploded off the wagon.

Screw him, I am beyond sick of this clown

Guest dog14787

Trent Edwards made a comment post game that to me characterizes our head coach. Come with solutions, don't come with questions is what DJ is telling his players. Doesn't sound like much does it, but think about it, Come with solutions, don't come with questions. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that what a coach does, he comes up with solutions. He answers the question of why something will and will not work. He Comes up with the schemes and all the right plays at all the right times because thats what a coach does and then players execute.

Telling your players to be part of the solution and not part of the problem I can understand, but don't ask your players to do your job which is to answer those questions. :devil:

I've seen enough and heard enough of DJ's coaching to last me a lifetime. :devil:

The wheels officially fell off the wagon with this team when Jauron elected to punt the ball away to the Saints on 4th and short, trailing 17-7, with around 7 minutes left in the game. Since then, the Bills have been outscored 48-10 and have looked like a very different team than the one that should have beaten the Pats and held the Saints to 10 points through three quarters. I just don't see these guys putting it all on the line for Jauron anymore. They've seen too many games squandered away by poor coaching and game mismanagement. The sooner Ralph replaces Jauron the sooner we can look torward winning again.

if you listen to the interview he doesnt take responsibility. it comes across as a blow-off answer. he's a jerk, fire his ass

Yup, Andy Reid says "I take responsibility" after every loss. It's basically code for "STFU with your questions". Of course Reid isn't a life-long loser so it's easier to accept.

Trent Edwards made a comment post game that to me characterizes our head coach. Come with solutions, don't come with questions is what DJ is telling his players. Doesn't sound like much does it, but think about it, Come with solutions, don't come with questions. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that what a coach does, he comes up with solutions. He answers the question of why something will and will not work. He Comes up with the schemes and all the right plays at all the right times because thats what a coach does and then players execute.

Telling your players to be part of the solution and not part of the problem I can understand, but don't ask your players to do your job which is to answer those questions. :devil:

I've seen enough and heard enough of DJ's coaching to last me a lifetime. :devil:

hes been a head coach for 8 full seasons. he's had a losing record in all but one of those seasons. has there ever been a coach with a record this bad that still has a job?

hes been a head coach for 8 full seasons. he's had a losing record in all but one of those seasons. has there ever been a coach with a record this bad that still has a job?

Leeman Bennett, Dom Capers, Monte Clark, and Herm Edwards only lasted 8 years.

Marion Campbell, Walt Kiesling, John McKay, Bruce Coslet, Bart Starr, and Dick Jauron are the true rarefied air of having a career nearly as long as Vince Lombardi and Bill Walsh and producing nothing. That is not good company. [Edit: of those guys, Jauron could catch and pass Bart Starr this year. McKay has a good excuse. He coached the expansion Bucs. Kiesling coached during WW-II.]

Wayne Fontes, Steve Mariucci, Ron Meyer and Jerry Glanville have better records.

The wheels officially fell off the wagon with this team when Jauron elected to punt the ball away to the Saints on 4th and short, trailing 17-7, with around 7 minutes left in the game. Since then, the Bills have been outscored 48-10 and have looked like a very different team than the one that should have beaten the Pats and held the Saints to 10 points through three quarters. I just don't see these guys putting it all on the line for Jauron anymore. They've seen too many games squandered away by poor coaching and game mismanagement. The sooner Ralph replaces Jauron the sooner we can look torward winning again.

Your assessment is dead on....sadly, I couldn't agree more.

Leeman Bennett, Dom Capers, Monte Clark, and Herm Edwards only lasted 8 years.

Marion Campbell, Walt Kiesling, John McKay, Bruce Coslet, Bart Starr, and Dick Jauron are the true rarefied air of having a career nearly as long as Vince Lombardi and Bill Walsh and producing nothing. That is not good company. [Edit: of those guys, Jauron could catch and pass Bart Starr this year. McKay has a good excuse. He coached the expansion Bucs. Kiesling coached during WW-II.]

Wayne Fontes, Steve Mariucci, Ron Meyer and Jerry Glanville have better records.

And Wayne Fontes was also Coach of the Year at one time, so you know he's "good".

Jauron needs only 3 4 5 6 more years. Everybody knows a head coach needs at least 4 10 years to fully implement their system.

Besides, it's the players fault. They are the ones not coming up with any solution to these problems.

Jauron's only responsibility is winning a second COTY award, and the players are letting him down.

like to point out that that's my piece.

I don't think I have ever said it before, but good job. Keep up the good work.

also like to point out that the four times Dick blamed himself today, is four more times than Gregg Williams ever did here, for what that's worth.

jw

Problem is Dick has blamed "himself" numerous times in the past 4 years.

By taking the blame in order to cover for other coaches and players (i.e. Jets, Meadowland, JP rollout, 2008), it has become impossible to tell if he's sincere, or just blowing more smoke.

For all the times he has taken the blame, nothing seems to change.

Guest dog14787
like to point out that that's my piece.

also like to point out that the four times Dick blamed himself today, is four more times than Gregg Williams ever did here, for what that's worth.

jw

Says it all, now if he would only fire himself. :devil:

At least with Greg Williams you know a good defense is stepping onto the field every week. Compared to DJ, I kind of miss the guy.

Guest dog14787
I don't think I have ever said it before, but good job. Keep up the good work.

Problem is Dick has blamed "himself" numerous times in the past 4 years.

By taking the blame in order to cover for other coaches and players (i.e. Jets, Meadowland, JP rollout, 2008), it has become impossible to tell if he's sincere, or just blowing more smoke.

For all the times he has taken the blame, nothing seems to change.

Taking the blame, he is the blame.

Bingo. And I was looking for it...

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?...t&p=1576058