How appealing is this team to a new coach?

billsfan89

OK as presently constituted how appealing is our team to new head coaching candidate? The defense isn't a bad unit and the offense has a few pieces (Good interior O-line, Evans, Lynch, Jackson). Do you think a guy like Gruden or even a highly thought of coordinator thinks this roster could be turned around fairly quickly.

Yes we need a QB (Assuming Trent continues on this path of horrible) and yes there are issues with the O-line (Although by the end of this year the line might not be as bad) and TO is likely out so WR is likely to be a big need BUT the D is a player or two from being playoff caliber and the offense as I said has some pieces.

Now Ralph isn't likely to spend big but is this a job people around the league want?

talent-wise the bills are pretty good on both sides of the ball, but there is very little depth and pretty much every position especially on the O-line, which was showcased against miami. that being said the team could be a few decent players and a great head coach away from a playoff berth, or at least a few division wins...

Guest dog14787
OK as presently constituted how appealing is our team to new head coaching candidate? The defense isn't a bad unit and the offense has a few pieces (Good interior O-line, Evans, Lynch, Jackson). Do you think a guy like Gruden or even a highly thought of coordinator thinks this roster could be turned around fairly quickly.

Yes we need a QB (Assuming Trent continues on this path of horrible) and yes there are issues with the O-line (Although by the end of this year the line might not be as bad) and TO is likely out so WR is likely to be a big need BUT the D is a player or two from being playoff caliber and the offense as I said has some pieces.

Now Ralph isn't likely to spend big but is this a job people around the league want?

I think Jon Gruden is the best coach that might consider coming here to Buffalo. Not that he's the best one available, just the best possibility.

Jon Gruden is a good coach who might like taking on the challenge.

Honestly, this team would appeal to Gruden and probably other coaches as well allot more now than it will without T.O. next season.

I think Cowher would be the best fit and could whip this gang into shape. I just don't think he wants to walk into this. I am having a hard time seeing any of the guys like Shanahan, Gruden or Cowher coming here. Gruden has a cushy network job that he probably won't walk from. Our only hope would be to have a talented and up and comer who is a an OC or DC somewhere come in. Or a hungry and highly regarded college coach. Would that kind of person want to come to Buffalo to commit possible career suicide early? I doubt it. I just think we are in a real mess right now. One that many of us saw last year and could have been solved in the off season.

I don't think it has anything to do with talent on a roster. I think it has more to do with management and if the FO is going to buy into the vision of the would-be head coach.

That's probably why DJ/Mularkey/Greggo got the job to begin with. They're all "yes" men who are cronies to the old codger at the top of the organization. God forbid any one individual wants to put his own thumbprint on this franchise other than Ralph.

Buffalo has a hell of a lot of talen that is being wasted. Offensively, they have GREAT playmakers, but need an upgrade on the OL. Defensively, the whole Tampa 2 scheme needs to go. the special teams are sound. What kills our team is a cheap owner and no GM.

Coach = Ego

You do the math. Unfortunately the current coach appears to have no ego.

Jauron = Nixon

Nixon as a politician was not meant to be, he should have been a law professor, or stayed in NY and continued to practice law.

Buffalo has a hell of a lot of talen that is being wasted. Offensively, they have GREAT playmakers, but need an upgrade on the OL. Defensively, the whole Tampa 2 scheme needs to go. the special teams are sound. What kills our team is a cheap owner and no GM.

Assuming Ralph wants to sell tickets and he fires DJ and is looking to go out and hire someone would there be Coordinators and former coaches flocking to this job? I don't know what the league thinks of our talent. I think that going into next year we have some talent on this team (The D might only be 1 player away and the O has some pieces) plus we have all of our draft choices.

OR is the reason Ralph never hires anyone of worth or notability is because not a lot of people are interested in this job anymore besides retreads and B list Coordinators (Mularky, Williams, and now DJ). Ralph spends money on his team payroll wise but I don't know how much control he is willing to give to a coach. Not that Ralph is Al Davis or anything but it seems like he is only willing to give up so much control to a coach.

I have always felt that Ralph has been penny wise and dollar stupid when it comes to getting coaches and GM's. He saves some money by getting B and C list guys but the overall product suffers and long term Ralph looses money as a result. If you bring DJ back I don't think there is a draft pick (Even a QB) or a free agent signing (They already have a hard time getting FA's) that could regenerate interest in the team so axing the coach might be the way to go.

My biggest fear is that we will replace DJ with a Mike Mularky or Gregg Williams type and it just won't matter.