If Ralph fears for his own job...

why does jauron still have his?

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/...ons-appropriate

I know it doesn't make sense that he said that but...he's old.

I think his comment was off the cuff saying maybe he should be fired for this debacle, at least I hope that's what he means. His demeanor after the game, it sounds, is one of a man ready to make a head coaching change and/or entire staff change. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see Jauron fired before the bye week. In fact if the team isn't at 5-4 by that time it may be sooner.

It makes the most sense to have a coaching change at the beginning of the bye week, IMO.

I think Ralph is admitting his failure in hiring. He would be fired if he didn't own the team. I really think Ralph knows it's true.

But the other side of the coin is if he does fire Jauron, he's afraid he'll just hire another dud. And he knows every day he wakes up is a bonus day. He could be gone any day now and none of this will matter to him. As frustrating as this mess is I think Ralph is set on riding it out.

PTR

Spin it anyway you like....but to me, its pretty obvious that "the train left the station" a long time ago. The old coot finally lost it. They (public relations) had to shut him down before he fired away any more quotable quips that would have made media relations' jobs more difficult today.

Perhaps Ralph had a deeper meaning to his comment...perhaps he has come to grips with his own mortality, after all, his job at this time is to just be. If we fears for his job, perhaps it was a silent plea for help and compassion by this old master...telling people, I don;t have long anymore....

Who's fooling who, it was a cute was of saying nothing by the old codger....go and sell the team once and for all dammit.

Spin it anyway you like....but to me, its pretty obvious that "the train left the station" a long time ago. The old coot finally lost it. They (public relations) had to shut him down before he fired away any more quotable quips that would have made media relations' jobs more difficult today.

maybe....50% of over 85yo population estimated to have some degree of alzheimers

But the other side of the coin is if he does fire Jauron, he's afraid he'll just hire another dud. And he knows every day he wakes up is a bonus day. He could be gone any day now and none of this will matter to him. As frustrating as this mess is I think Ralph is set on riding it out.

My thinking also. I think that Wilson believes he is too old to start over and that's the main reason he didn't dump Jauron last year. It was wishful thinking mostly. I think that he has other things on his mind these days besides the Bills.

yet they trust him to make rational decisions...

Almost...RW trusts himself to make the decisions. And there's no question that everyone else is nodding in approval whenever he decides to do something.

All the while, Russ Brandon is huffing and puffing without really being anything other than a face for the organization. It's funny they trot him out there when things are good (TO signing) but when things are bad he's nowhere to be found.

Maybe Ralph is just tired. He has been in this business for half a century.

Think of all the work that must go into blowing up a front office and starting over. Its exhausting for me to think about and I am young and sexy. I think he wanted to step back during the Donahoe years but that was such a trainwreck he feels like he has no choice but to be involved.

Thanks, Donahoe. You never stop giving us a reason to remember you.

Think of all the work that must go into blowing up a front office and starting over. Its exhausting for me to think about and I am young and sexy. I think he wanted to step back during the Donahoe years but that was such a trainwreck he feels like he has no choice but to be involved.

when in doubt...Blame Donahoe. I like it. Soon we will put Jauron's name next to his.

I think he actually wants to be involved, and thats the problem. Even before Donahoe, he needed to get involved (remember having RJ start the playoff game after the regular season finale against the Colts). A good owner would hire competent football people and let them run the show.