Antoine Winfield

Nate Clements

Takeo Spikes

London Fletcher

Pat Williams

Jason Peters

Leonhard

the OLB that went to Tampa Bay this year

All of these guys are making an impact with a current NFL team and are guys that the Bills didn't want to pay

Now think of this.....Trent Edwards was being protected yesterday, by a former 6th round pick who was cut by the LIONS a couple of years ago and a guy that they cut in camp and they brought back in Chambers

I am just getting the feeling that our Bills aren't really concerned with acuiring the best players....just making money

Antoine Winfield

Nate Clements

Takeo Spikes

London Fletcher

Pat Williams

Jason Peters

Leonhard

All of these guys are making an impact with a current NFL team and are guys that the Bills didn't want to pay

Now think of this.....Trent Edwards was being protected yesterday, by a former 6th round pick who was cut by the LIONS a couple of years ago and a guy that they cut in camp and they brought back in Chambers

I am just getting the feeling that our Bills aren't really concerned with acuiring the best players....just making money

Crowell? yeah he had a real impact didn't he seeing that he's been on the IR for 2 years now.

Antoine Winfield

Nate Clements

Takeo Spikes

London Fletcher

Pat Williams

Jason Peters

Leonhard

let me help you out...

winfield i wish we kept

clements is wayyy ovverpaid

spikes is a shell of himself

fletcher is solid

williams is awesome

peters should have been paid with the LT problenms we are having

leonhard is a solid player

and the olb you have no idea who he is would be angelo crowell...also a shell of his former self and injured and on IR how can he make an impact on IR?

so about 50%of those players would prob. help this team and i wouldnt call any of them superstars, a couple are very good like winfield and williams so what exactly are the bills missing out on?

Winfield - should have kept him

Clements - no way, got the biggest contract in league history for a defender and may only now be even approaching living up to it

Spikes - achilles - 2 to 3 year recovery, forget it

Fletcher - wish we kept him

Pat Williams - not keeping him seemed to have nothing to do with money and more with Donahoe and Greggo's hubris, his contract was going to be affordable.

Peters - forget it

Leonhart - would still be mediocre in our system

Crowell? - he seems destined to be riding out his career on various rosters IRs

We would be not better with Clemens (mediocre) and Winfield (big hitter agianst the run, gets covered with butter and jelly in coverage).

Fletcher was a leader---or sad sack of an LB corp, heck the whole defense, could use a leader.

Antoine Winfield

Nate Clements

Takeo Spikes

London Fletcher

Pat Williams

Jason Peters

Leonhard

You could probably create a list like this for just about every team in the NFL. The problem with the Bills is they let most of these guys walk without having a solid backup plan.

AW - really liked him, wish we kept him

NC - over payed, over hyped

TS - too bad he got hurt, would probably still be here if not

LF - i liked London, could easily still start for the Bills

PW - Obviously one of the biggest mistakes ever

JP - only time will tell if he is worth all the money he wanted

leonhard - good player, but not a difference maker. Pretty much what the Bills have a lot of...

Crowell - injured again, but was a nice player here...

I typed that list really quick....I had to hurry up....the point that I wanted to discuss was this.......I just notice that when I watch some games with my girlfriend, I am always saying "oh yeah, he played for us a few years ago" and then she says " why isn't he playing for us now, he has to be better than who we currently have on our roster at that position" and I am thinking...I dont know why.....and when I see how they dropped walker and bring in washoffs from the Lions and it just makes me wonder........now for the list

clements, greer and winfield are better than any CB on our roster (Mcgee vs Greer is close maybe slight edge to greer)

spikes is a shell but please dont tell me he is not better than ellison

crowell WAS better than ellison as well, I honestly don't know what he is doing in Tampa but I just ASSUMED that he was doing fine but if he isn't doing well, I am sure someone will be quick to take a chance to point it out

Jason Peters was the best tackle we had since our super bowl days

Pat Williams was the best DT we had since Ted Washington

Leonhard and Scott ...no loss either way

the question I am trying to raise is this, are we pushing more talent out the door than we are bringing in? Look at some of the players that left our team and compare it with some of our recent FA pickups....seems to be not even close...and this is where we are different from the better teams.......it seems like we are just cheap...not so much poor talent evaluators...just cheap cheap cheap

and btw, that IDIOT that took a shot at Winfield is a fool.......name a CB better than Winfield that wore a Bills uniform??????

Clements mediocre???? IDK about that one....is he over paid? Yes ....mediocore....that's going overboard

Bob James

if you have to go back to Bob James (and I have no idea who that is) it tells me that obviously Winfield isn't as average as the other guy is making him out to be

and good post on Sammy Morris...I forgot about him

I was going to throw in Jonas Jennings but he isn't a contributor as of late

I guess my feeling is if we are letting all of these players go, you want to have a feeling that you are going to get equal or comparable value coming back via FA

>and btw, that IDIOT that took a shot at Winfield is a fool.......name a CB better than Winfield that wore a Bills >uniform??????

Of course Robert James..

-but recently(relatively)..

Nate Odomes...but its close...and Winfield was/is terrific.Another bad decision by a bad franchise.

close very close but I dont think so
Not close at all. Lil Antoine showed ZERO playmaking skills and mediocre coverage skills during his time in Buffalo. To his credit, he was very good in run support, and also served as a role model to all fellow midget Bills fans who ever dreamed of making it in the NFL... but he was no Nate.

Not close at all. Lil Antoine showed ZERO playmaking skills and mediocre coverage skills during his time in Buffalo. To his credit, he was very good in run support, and also served as a role model to all fellow midget Bills fans who ever dreamed of making it in the NFL.

Yeah...I just saw that little sh-t smoke some poor receiver...glad we got rid of him.... :devil: