As a business decision..does it make more sense for the Bills

zow2

Look,,,the season tickets, club seats and ad revenue are already sold for 2009. If people don't show up no biggie as far as revenue. The key to any sports franchise is keeping people interested. The Bills did it last offseason by signing TO. They can do it this offseason by dumping Dick and hiring either a re-cycled winner or the next Harbaugh.

If they fire him mid-season, I doubt they will lure anyone in here except an interim coach. I'm fine with dumping him (after a possible Cleveland loss)...but this organization needs yet another offseason splash to sell tickets and get people interested. It's just the way it is.

Look,,,the season tickets, club seats and ad revenue are already sold for 2009. If people don't show up no biggie as far as revenue. The key to any sports franchise is keeping people interested. The Bills did it last offseason by signing TO. They can do it this offseason by dumping Dick and hiring either a re-cycled winner or the next Harbaugh.

If they fire him mid-season, I doubt they will lure anyone in here except an interim coach. I'm fine with dumping him (after a possible Cleveland loss)...but this organization needs yet another offseason splash to sell tickets and get people interested. It's just the way it is.

If Jauron is dumped mid-season it is likely to be during the bye week and an interim HC will be named. The ultimate coach selection will occur in the offseason.

However, I think Ralph waits until the end of the season and lets Jauron work off a third of his deal.

I totally agree with your assessment. Only other thing, which is similar, is if they put the interim on somebody and hire a big name in the offseason............From both a football and business sense, that is what has to be done.

Here's the real question: How do you feel about eating $9M? Because that is what we are asking Ralph to do. I don't know what Ralph is worth but I think $9M is still a lot of money to him. Now add in the fact that he can't make a good decision to save his life and he is even more terrified. I mean how likely was is that limp Dick Jauron would become the worst coach in the NFL the minute he signs a $9M extension? I mean the Bills were 5-1 for crying out loud! How many teams go from 5-1 to 3-11 after spending $9M? This is not just bad judgement, this is some ancient indian curse on the Bills and the city of Buffalo.

PTR

Sadly, I think PTR is spot on..

Since the thread's question is rhetorical, I'd offer that Wilson start meeting with a replacement this week, find one and give him the reigns during the bye. Like the Levy hire, he'd be more attuned to who's on the team he'd like to keep, who's not worthy and who's likely to fit into 'his way'. Then he makes coaching changes at seasons' end and we're further ahead for 2010 than if we wait out Jauron through the season.

I digress, PTR is likely spot on.