Why Does It Seem That List Of Needs Gets Bigger

Beginning of the season, I thought this team was in a need a another Coach, LB and LT before closing up glaring holes. Now it has grown to possibly 2 LBs, a DT, 2 lineman, TE, QB, Coach and GM and Owner. I mean seriously folks, this list is no lie so how in the world can this be fixed any time soon. This is the only team that finds ways to get worse every year.....(even though the record stays the same)

I disagree. I think it just seems that way because of the way we've played so far this year. We have a lot of talent on this team. I would say that the only places we truly need change at are Offensive Tackle (maybe both tackles) and Outside Linebacker. I would really like to see us get a bigger, stronger, run stopping Defensive End as well.

If you watched the Steelers vs. Chargers game last night, you would notice that Ben Roethlisberger had an hour to throw the ball. That is HUGE when you talk about having a successful offense.

In the end, I really think that this could be a much better team with a different head coach and different system in place.

nah. I think our players, for the most part, are good enough to win. I don't think they're being put in a position to win. You don't get blown out by the Dolphins and Chad Henne without some real bad game planning. Obviously our injuries at tackle and safety really hurt us, but the failure to effectively compensate for our known weaknesses isn't acceptable.

I disagree. I think it just seems that way because of the way we've played so far this year. We have a lot of talent on this team. I would say that the only places we truly need change at are Offensive Tackle (maybe both tackles) and Outside Linebacker. I would really like to see us get a bigger, stronger, run stopping Defensive End as well.

If you watched the Steelers vs. Chargers game last night, you would notice that Ben Roethlisberger had an hour to throw the ball. That is HUGE when you talk about having a successful offense.

In the end, I really think that this could be a much better team with a different head coach and different system in place.

Oh yea, I forgot DE. But seriously, look at Big Ben last year - his line was worse than ours and he STILL made plays. Someone on the morning show said someone that I thought made sense. Edwards needs to have a perfect team in order to succeed where legit QBs make plays despite poor play around them. At some point......awww, I give up - too many things wrong with this team

Beginning of the season, I thought this team was in a need a another Coach, LB and LT before closing up glaring holes. Now it has grown to possibly 2 LBs, a DT, 2 lineman, TE, QB, Coach and GM and Owner. I mean seriously folks, this list is no lie so how in the world can this be fixed any time soon. This is the only team that finds ways to get worse every year.....(even though the record stays the same)

none of you freaking guys get it do you. we played yesterday with one third of our starters out including both offensive tackles.

not a freaking team in the league could endure that and be successful.

who ever fired rusty jones should be shot.

the first guy to get fired is the horrific strength and conditioning coach allaire. ever since he got here 3 years ago we have had the most injuries of any team in the league and its no coincidence!

Because the biggest problem with this team is they're not moving forward.

We've had the same regime now for roughly 3-4 years. We have no more depth than we did when Jauron got here. So, once the starters get injured, which they always do, the guy off the bench is unable to contribute effectively - except in very rare circumstances, i.e. Fred Jackson.

The defensive scheme is still just as pathetic as it was in day one. The players are still making the same mistakes, still playing too soft in their zones, still guessing as opposed to knowing.

The offense is still without an identity. We don't run well. We don't pass well. We just go out run some plays and hope the defense gives us enough to get a few first downs.

Our coaching staff still doesn't make any adjustments, what so ever. They still look listliss and confused for the most part. Jauron still makes at least 2-3 idoitc calls per game that cost us. He's still content with just seeing these guys try.

Oure "franchise" QB, Trent, has not progressed one bit since his rookie year. All the good things we saw in those first few games are still there; but he's not gotten better at any of them. He's still slow to read the defense, hesitant to throw the ball to WRs, and not taking charge of the team. Defenses have figured him out; but he's still seeing new things from 3-4 defenses.

So every year, we make a few moves here, a few changes there. We cut a little. Add a little. But in the end, the net is still the same - we've gone no where. It's reflected in the win/loss record. It's reflected in the play on the field. It's reflected in the player's press conferences. It's reflected in the fan's discussions about the team. It essentially permeates every aspect of this team. This franchise has become a stagnant pool of mediocrity. And, quite honestly, I don't think anyone at One Bills Drive cares.

I don't think this team is as far off as some do. A competent coach like Schottenheimer would have them in the thick of it right now because they wouldn't have passed on Oher for Maybin and moved Langston to LT.

They also would scrap the Cover 2 and stop the ridiculous George Wilson experiment.