Income Inequality

So you don't think if the people educated themselves a little bit and rose up and got involved and voted they couldn't change things?

No. The world needs ditch diggers too.

So what you are saying is that everybody in America can be a "chief?"

I gotta cellphone and a Dell computer in 25 years I will have a 400,000 dollar car!

Wooo hooo!!!!

Just admit the article is laughable.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. The world needs ditch diggers too.

So what you are saying is that everybody in America can be a "chief?"

I gotta cellphone and a Dell computer in 25 years I will have a 400,000 dollar car!

Wooo hooo!!!!

Just admit the article is laughable.

Huh? :beer:

Didn't read the article.

Hello McFly... McFly... The thread (and so are my posts) is about the article, be best you read it.

You really should not have suggested I read it. It just makes your points make that much less sense. You're saying that seeing how wealthy people live does not motivate people to become wealthy. You say there is not middle class? The point the article makes is that all the things that everyone has were only had by the wealthy. Ride a bus someday and see the people that have all the electronic toys. Those things aren't free and people have to desire money to be able to afford these new "necessities". No middle class. :beer:

Spoken like someone who hasn't climbed very far.

:beer::lol:

No, spoken by somebody who has worked three times as hard... Even when he is snoring on the job. B-)

If you think that people on the top work harder or put more effort in, you are delusional. Of course we will all agrue this and disagree. Agree to disagree.

No, spoken by somebody who has worked three times as hard... Even when he is snoring on the job. :wallbash:

If you think that people on the top work harder or put more effort in, you are delusional. Of course we will all agrue this and disagree. Agree to disagree.

No, those at the top don't necessarily work harder once they get there. They most likely however worked their asses off to get there. But I'd understand why you wouldn't get that.

No, those at the top don't necessarily work harder once they get there. They most likely however worked their asses off to get there. But I'd understand why you wouldn't get that.

Indeed, he has also been muddling 'wealth' with 'high income;' the two groups are not the same.

Spoken like someone who's had the same job for the last 30 years so he really has no idea what's he's talking about.

You gotta love the irony of someone lecturing others about effort and contribution while subsequently posting on a Buffalo Bills message board at 10am on a Thursday!

I take this post more as a self admission of being unproductive :wallbash:

You gotta love the irony of someone lecturing others about effort and contribution while subsequently posting on a Buffalo Bills message board at 10am on a Thursday!

Seeing most of our jobs have us on a computer most of the time responding with a couple of sentences does not require too much effort.

I take this post more as a self admission of being unproductive :wallbash:

Because I work all kinds of shifts... Right now I am helping about a half a million dollars of commodites enter the market and the local/national economy... Let alone keeping the area from flooding (been pissing steadily out there and things are rather buttoned up in order to drop the lower pool). It is not a hard job and like Chef implied... I can "chew gum and walk."

I gotta admit, my voice is one that is seldomed heard in these forums and I am blessed with a job where I can do manual labor and type on a computer... Quite unique that I really don't have a "desk job" and can still post.