5 Points

abqmarko

All of these issues reflect coaching and or managment decisions:

1-Drafting failure to provide adequate backups-This may be a basis of to little to late-For the first time the Bills drafted OL and DL in the first few rounds. Wood and Levitre should be good solid players (for another coach). Maybin hopefully comes around time will tell. If the Bills did this the last few years they would be in much better shape-But hey we have Roscoe Parrish if you give him the ball.

2-OT-Langston Walker the last three years provided the coaching staff ample time to figure out if he was even a moderate starting caliber LT, they didnt figure this out until prior to the first game and provided no backup alternative, they were wishing on a star with D.Bell (who if he's not injured has played decently). They also rolled the dice with an oft injured Brad Butler to start the whole year and again provided no possible backup through the draft a trade or anything. The play of the OT in the Miami game was pathetic-The Bills staff will be contemplating this mistake from the unemployment line.

3-LB-Forseight and failure to provide insurance-POZ is good when he plays but reality is he was injured at Penn State and injured his first rookie season-his backup is horrible, run D has been pathetic. Good pic with Nic Harris, they at least recognized a need and he may be a starter in a year or two but again a case of to little to late.

4-Strength and conditioning-It seems the Bills have a higher than average number of back injuries, especially the OL-have these guys ever heard of core exercises, bracing or accupuncture which believe me, for back injuries its proven to work. Depends on the accupunturist skill much more than an MD who fills prescriptions off the PDR.

5-To little to late-

-I think Jauron has to see his mistakes of the past which are now going to force his exodus. the Bills are now living in an enviornment where they created a failry solid core but missed with consistency and foresight.

-Poor drafting in the past. I did like this 2009 draft except I would have taken Eben Britton instead of Jarius Byrd based on OT need. I think Byrd will be a good player though. Plus Levitre and Wood and Hang (if he gets over the back injury which I hope is casuing his poor shotgun snaps)-gives the next coach a solid core. Again if they drafted these types of players the last three years Jauron may not be in this situation. But wait we have Roscoe Parrish!

-Waffling about a starting LT and OC who worked for you the last few years and took you until the first game to figure that they were not up to the task-priceless!

My opinion is that its difficult to give negative grades to the RB, QB' and WR's with this hodge podge O-Line, especially in the Miami game. Edwards played poorly-no excuse. He did not get help from the OTs who got mauled and made Jason Taylor look like he found the garden of youth. I do not see this getting better.