If we lose to Cleveland when does Jauron get fired?

I don't think it's a matter of "if" at that point, it's a matter of "when." So when would be it be? During the subsequent bye week? Some time after the byer week? At year end? In the off season?

btw, there's a very real chance we lose to Cleveland. They lost a close one today, they'll be hungry just like Miami to win a game and, bad as their coach is, he's still better than Jauron.

I don't think it's a matter of "if" at that point, it's a matter of "when." So when would be it be? During the subsequent bye week? Some time after the byer week? At year end? In the off season?

btw, there's a very real chance we lose to Cleveland. They lost a close one today, they'll be hungry just like Miami to win a game and, bad as their coach is, he's still better than Jauron.

The morning after.

when his contract ends in 3 years

Exactly.

With the job he's done so far you've got to believe the bar is set lower than anyone can imagine - if last year's performance wasn't enough to get him fired you have to wonder what is? I'm starting to think the only way he gets canned is if he either kills someone or takes over Michael Vick's dog fighting operation...

Let me ask this... does it really matter if we lose or win next week?

If we win, is anyone really going to point to it and say.. see we're on the right track? A win would simply mean they somehow mananged to not completely suck for a week. But in no way can I see it changing the way any rational person sees this season ending.

If we win, is anyone really going to point to it and say.. see we're on the right track? A win would simply mean they somehow mananged to not completely suck for a week. But in no way can I see it changing the way any rational person sees this season ending.

A loss next week and I think it's possible Jauron is gone immediately or at least by the bye. A win and he may make it to the end of the season.

I know Wilson doesn't like paying out coaches' contracts after he's canned them, but at this point he has to be aware of how close he is to losing the majority of the fanbase.

A loss next week and I think it's possible Jauron is gone immediately or at least by the bye. A win and he may make it to the end of the season.

I know Wilson doesn't like paying out coaches' contracts after he's canned them, but at this point he has to be aware of how close he is to losing the majority of the fanbase.

I see the logic, but does it matter if Jauron is fired now or later? There's no way we hire a good coach mid season. So, we get April or someone like that to finish the season. Wooo. That does nothing for me. I don't know; I guess I just don't really care much because I can't see anything really helping this team anytime soon.

Maybe we could have a fan voted "coach of the week" each week. At least that would be interesting.

I see the logic, but does it matter if Jauron is fired now or later? There's no way we hire a good coach mid season. So, we get April or someone like that to finish the season. Wooo. That does nothing for me. I don't know; I guess I just don't really care much because I can't see anything really helping this team anytime soon.

Maybe we could have a fan voted "coach of the week" each week. At least that would be interesting.

No, it doesn't matter all that much, except if you buy the idea that Jauron's personality has rubbed off on the team. I don't expect anyone on the staff to turn this bunch into winners, but maybe April can remind them that they are human beings with emotions.

No, it doesn't matter all that much, except if you buy the idea that Jauron's personality has rubbed off on the team. I don't expect anyone on the staff to turn this bunch into winners, but maybe April can remind them that they are human beings with emotions.

Good point. I guess it would be good to see which players are potentially worth keeping as well.

"If" we lose to Cleveland? Do you mean "When" we lose to Cleveland?

Dick will not win another game this season so long as he remains the HC.

That's not true at all. As bad as Dick is, he excels at mediocrity -- or at least the appearance of possible mediocrity. The Bills will win more games this season. Not too many, but some. They won't finish 1-15. I would bet closer to 5-11.

A win means I get to cheer for 3 1/2 hours while drinking beer and eating wings; a loss means I stare blankly at a TV for 3 1/2 hours while wallowing in my beer and wings... It's sad, but at this point, actual progress with this team seems so distant that merely enjoying 3 1/2 hours of my week while watching them is all I hope for on Sundays.

That's not true at all. As bad as Dick is, he excels at mediocrity -- or at least the appearance of possible mediocrity. The Bills will win more games this season. Not too many, but some. They won't finish 1-15. I would bet closer to 5-11.

winning % thru 4 is 25%. i dont see that getting any better so i say best case we finish 4 & 12

Do we really think Ralph is aware of that? The season ticket sales and individual game sales have pretty much topped out, so it's not like he's going to lose that. About the only thing hurt might be concession stands or merchandise sales at the games. Ralph may be embarrassed that half the people show up to the games, but he has his money.

That said, if Russ Brandon knows anything about marketing (we know he's not fit to be a GM), he'd see this coming and make sure Jauron would be gone. It's not THE solution, but it would be a step in the right direction.

Despite the $6 million price tag, I really feel sorry for TO.

To come from a power like Dallas and have to suffer like this when it was expected that TO would be the answer to the offensive prayers it horrific.

Didn't the offense only need a #2 receiver?

There's no objective trigger event, there's no "last straw" - how many have there been so far?. There's absolutely nothing Jauron can do that'll get him a well-deserved boot.

Ralph might've tried to get rid of Jauron once already - by forcing him to fire Turk Schoenert, and hoping Jauron might pull a Wade Phillips. Had Jauron refused to fire Turk, it might've given Ralph some beloved "cause" to be able to terminate Jauron without having to pay out the remaining balance of the term ... or at least make Jauron fight for it, like Wade.

Unfortunately for Ralph, Milquetoast complied and fired Turk without incident - even trying to make up some sort of implausible jusitification for the timing of it.

So - at this point - either Ralph wakes up spunky one day and finally just decides to eat Jauron's contract, or he doesn't. There's nothing other than Ralph's random whims that affects Jauron's status at this point.

Despite the $6 million price tag, I really feel sorry for TO.

To come from a power like Dallas and have to suffer like this when it was expected that TO would be the answer to the offensive prayers it horrific.

Didn't the offense only need a #2 receiver?

its been confirmed that having talent and filling your needs can't over come terrible coaching.