A few thoughts re game and in general

jahnyc

1. The obvious: Chambers and Scott should not be playing, and probably would not be playing for any other NFL team. Same with Buggs, Wilson and Ellison.

2. DJ has had years to improve the defense, and he has not. Sorry, but Gregg Williams has turned around a below average NO defense in one year. Even in DJ's area of expertise (the defense), he has not been able to make his mark with the Bills.

3. Why did the Bills draft Maybin? Sorry, I know this is unfair and premature, but I think he will be a bust. Bills should have used their first pick on an OT. To be really unfair, I also think McKelvin is a bust. I was not impressed with his play at corner before his injury. I hope I am wrong about both, because missing twice at this point in the draft will hurt the team for years. For the trifecta, I predict that Hardy will be a bust as well.

4. Why was McGee the only guy making tackles (10 years downfield)? I think I agree with those who believe that some of our injuries on defense at linebacker, safety and cornerback involve offensive players coming at them untouched and at full speed many yards downfield.

5. I think the Bills will draft a qb in the first round next year.

6. Why are our special teams playing poorly?

7. Freddy looks good. He made something out of nothing more than a few times.

8. Add DT to our needs. A run stuffing DT.

9. Injuries suck, but the front office's inability to find any depth at key positions is inexcusable.

10. The Bills should trade TO if they can. The team is going nowhere and TO will become more of a distraction as the season goes on.

1. The obvious: Chambers and Scott should not be playing, and probably would not be playing for any other NFL team. Same with Buggs, Wilson and Ellison.

2. DJ has had years to improve the defense, and he has not. Sorry, but Gregg Williams has turned around a below average NO defense in one year. Even in DJ's area of expertise (the defense), he has not been able to make his mark with the Bills.

3. Why did the Bills draft Maybin? Sorry, I know this is unfair and premature, but I think he will be a bust. Bills should have used their first pick on an OT. To be really unfair, I also think McKelvin is a bust. I was not impressed with his play at corner before his injury. I hope I am wrong about both, because missing twice at this point in the draft will hurt the team for years. For the trifecta, I predict that Hardy will be a bust as well.

4. Why was McGee the only guy making tackles (10 years downfield)? I think I agree with those who believe that some of our injuries on defense at linebacker, safety and cornerback involve offensive players coming at them untouched and at full speed many yards downfield.

5. I think the Bills will draft a qb in the first round next year.

6. Why are our special teams playing poorly?

7. Freddy looks good. He made something out of nothing more than a few times.

8. Add DT to our needs. A run stuffing DT.

9. Injuries suck, but the front office's inability to find any depth at key positions is inexcusable.

10. The Bills should trade TO if they can. The team is going nowhere and TO will become more of a distraction as the season goes on.

agree, mcgee is going to wear out real soon. there's already signs his play is deteriorating and im sure it comes from over use.