Arrest Made In Erin Andrews Peephole Case.

Steely Dan

Who is the bigger dumbass here - this guy for trying to sell the EA video to TMZ, or the CBS producer who tried to blackmail Letterman?

Letterman's a jerk, so I think the blackmailer thought that he had a good chance for money.

Erin Andrews will eventually pose for Playboy as she gets older and people stop paying attention to her.

Letterman's a jerk, so I think the blackmailer thought that he had a good chance for money.

Erin Andrews will eventually pose for Playboy as she gets older and people stop paying attention to her.

True, but he also survived one failed extortion attempt a few years back when that painter plotted to kidnap his kid and nanny and hold them for $5M. You would think the CBS producer would have thought "nah, there's no way this works out well for me."

Then again, maybe he thought that by lowering his extortion demand, DL would have just said "what the heck, it's only $2M."

He may be a jerk and a slimeball, but he's not stupid, he didn't get rich by accident

As for Erin I wouldn't jump to that conclusion

Is anyone else a little disturbed that a hotel would honor a request for a room next to another person, without permission from both parties? Especially if the hotel knew one of the people was a public figure (not that they may have in this case)?

Is anyone else a little disturbed that a hotel would honor a request for a room next to another person, without permission from both parties? Especially if the hotel knew one of the people was a public figure (not that they may have in this case)?

And that he called several hotels until he found the one she was staying at.

I can see that happening pretty easily. The desk clerk probably never heard of Erin Andrews and a slick talking guy tells him/her that he needs to be next to his co-worker.