LANCE ARMSTRONG AND I DESPERATELY NEED YOUR HELP!!!

Steely Dan

The Petition  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Did You Sign The Petition?

• Yes, I care about others
    • No, I'm a self centered jerkface <sarc> It's an over statement for effect. Sorry a lot of you didn't get that.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please explain how "45,000 deaths annually linked to lack of health coverage" = "45,000 people that the insurance industry kills every year". How is it possible for a group to kill someone if that person did not avail themselves to their services? Are you suggesting it is the job of the insurance industry to conduct a census of US citizens to determine which of them don't have health insurance?

If there was a study that 45,000 people died from failure to take blood pressure medication, would that be the fault of the drug manufacturer??

You know, just when I think you may have risen above the molson_golden/Steely Dan/Bad Leftenant level of stupidity...... :censored:

Please explain how "45,000 deaths annually linked to lack of health coverage" = "45,000 people that the insurance industry kills every year". How is it possible for a group to kill someone if that person did not avail themselves to their services? Are you suggesting it is the job of the insurance industry to conduct a census of US citizens to determine which of them don't have health insurance?

If there was a study that 45,000 people died from failure to take blood pressure medication, would that be the fault of the drug manufacturer??

You know, just when I think you may have risen above the molson_golden/Steely Dan/Bad Leftenant level of stupidity...... :censored:

I think his point is that if the government provided health insurance for all those 45,000 per year would still be alive. Not sure how you prove that. Sometimes terminal is terminal and insurance can't prevent deaths sometimes. As usual he's getting health care and health insurance mixed up.

Now if we could only get the government to provide homes and food for everyone we'd completely do away with homelessness and malnutrition.

So how does this prove that costs will go down with the "public option"?

I'll tell you,

It doesn't, now hurry up and google another article in how the "public option" will bring down health insurance costs. :wallbash:

Lol. So... aside from the fact that you have been brainwashed and mentally conditioned to think the way you do... where do your numbers come from to say "It doesn't"? Do you not believe that competition in a capitalist system will lower costs?

and .. I guess I'll go with Chef Jim's response to KD above .. :cry: ...

Lol. So... aside from the fact that you have been brainwashed and mentally conditioned to think the way you do... where do your numbers come from to say "It doesn't"? Do you not believe that competition in a capitalist system will lower costs?

and .. I guess I'll go with Chef Jim's response to KD above .. :wallbash: ...

Now I know I shouldn't be trying to rationalize with a retard, but here goes

hmmm, lets see here, if you add coverage to 30 million more people, does that mean that demand for medical services will go up or down?

Now in the real world, when demand goes up, prices do what? That's right, they go up.

Also, if you wanted to add competition, why not allow the insurers to compete with one another across state lines? Wouldn't that add competition?

Now in the Health Reform Bill, they want to add a Windfall tax on the insurance industry. If they wanted to lower costs, why are you going to add a "windfall" tax? Considering their profit margins are less than 4%, and now you will cut into their profits even more so, do you think it is possible they will just add that cost along to the consumer?

Of course they will, ya Dimwit.

and .. I guess I'll go with Chef Jim's response to KD above .. :wallbash: ...

Ok let me ask you this question. How many of those 45,000 who died without health insurance would be alive today had they had health insurance? All of them? So you take the study as gospel?

I think his point is that if the government provided health insurance for all those 45,000 per year would still be alive. Not sure how you prove that. Sometimes terminal is terminal and insurance can't prevent deaths sometimes. As usual he's getting health care and health insurance mixed up.

If that's his point, it's even dumber than I thought. The gov't not buying insurance for people = insurance companies killing them? :wallbash:

Now if we could only get the government to provide homes and food for everyone we'd completely do away with homelessness and malnutrition.

Sounds like a plan, assuming we can afford it. Oh wait, I forgot. We no longer subject things to an affordability test in this country. Makes it so much easier to just tell the Chinese to put it on our tab.

hmmm, lets see here, if you add coverage to 30 million more people, does that mean that demand for medical services will go up or down?

Now in the real world, when demand goes up, prices do what? That's right, they go up.

.... this statement makes me think you don't know how the insurance industry works. That you don't know how they make their profits. Insurance is not a commodity that you produce. There is no shortage of money with this. 30 Million more people being insured is also 30 million more paying them money.

Also, if you wanted to add competition, why not allow the insurers to compete with one another across state lines? Wouldn't that add competition?

I'm in. But no way it's enough to solve the problems. This is a couple drops in the bucket.

Now in the Health Reform Bill, they want to add a Windfall tax on the insurance industry. If they wanted to lower costs, why are you going to add a "windfall" tax? Considering their profit margins are less than 4%, and now you will cut into their profits even more so, do you think it is possible they will just add that cost along to the consumer?

Don't say **** that isn't true. There is no windfall tax in any of the bills.

And what of the morality of having for-profit insurance? Do you like the idea of a guy at some insurance company looking at your claim and having the legal ability to say "nah, I won't pay this.. I'll make more money if I don't"?

.... this statement makes me think you don't know how the insurance industry works. That you don't know how they make their profits. Insurance is not a commodity that you produce. There is no shortage of money with this. 30 Million more people being insured is also 30 million more paying them money.

Sounds like you don't know how insurance works. Forcing insurance companies to take on more risk will increase the costs. Did you know that an insurance company pays more in risk costs to a group insurance than it does of individuals? And who's going to be paying for the 30 million and if there is a public plan how can for profit companies compete with the "bottomeless pit for losses" US government?