LANCE ARMSTRONG AND I DESPERATELY NEED YOUR HELP!!!

Steely Dan

The Petition  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Did You Sign The Petition?

• Yes, I care about others
    • No, I'm a self centered jerkface <sarc> It's an over statement for effect. Sorry a lot of you didn't get that.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh God! straight out of the Liberal Locotoad handbook :wallbash:

Chapter 4 - Play on the emotions of the weak minded with Hyperbole authored by Alan Grayson

??? Weird. :wallbash: At what point does something become informative and not "emotional"? Facts are facts, there are 1000's of stories like this. And I don't not think it's fear-mongering when so many examples exist of how it can happen to the best of us.

I mean it's pure logic. Capitalist insurance companies want to make money. It's their job. I don't blame them for being evil, they are doing the best they can to please their investors. Screwing over the insurance holders is just a natural result of having for-profit insurance companies. It's not emotional, it's mathematical and logical.

Probably at some point after you stop posting idiocy like this:

Gladly rescind it if even one person would engage in a response to the numerous examples of insurance company abuse. But no one seems to have any response to it, except to keep attacking those who are trying to point out fault in the insurance companies.

That is the funniest thing posted here in a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time. :wallbash:

I missed it too. Bravo.

Conner: No person here is saying the system isn't a mess. What people are suggesting is that given the government's abysmal track record in, well, only every big beuracracy its ever created from the military to the VA to medicare, its ability to oversee such an important part of our lives is suspect.

Moreover, there are some good ideas out there to help combat some of the problems, many of which stem from a lack of medical resources. Even Steely Night Ranger can only admit that a small percetange of ER doctors work a measely 40 hours a week. How can the limited number of docs we already have (not to mention the huge nursing shortage in the US) cope with 30% more people jumping into the system?

Many of the suggested reforms (tax breaks to offer health benes, co-ops) pour more money into healthcare, which could lure more people into the field. That is really important here.

Gladly rescind it if even one person would engage in a response to the numerous examples of insurance company abuse. But no one seems to have any response to it, except to keep attacking those who are trying to point out fault in the insurance companies.

Numerous examples. :doh:

So the insurance industry should be unique from any other industry and completely void of any bad apples. In a perfect world all would be perfect but unfortunately it's not and sure it sucks and the insurance industry needs some work. But I wonder how many of those numerous examples of denied coverage were for legitimate reasons? And of the numerous cases of abuse, how about the tens of millions of cases that helped people and have actually saved lives? I know, I know good news doesn't make the front page of the WSJ.

Conner: No person here is saying the system isn't a mess.

I haven't seen Chef Jim agree with any criticism of the insurance companies.

So the insurance industry should be unique from any other industry and completely void of any bad apples. In a perfect world all would be perfect but unfortunately it's not and sure it sucks and the insurance industry needs some work. But I wonder how many of those numerous examples of denied coverage were for legitimate reasons? And of the numerous cases of abuse, how about the tens of millions of cases that helped people and have actually saved lives? I know, I know good news doesn't make the front page of the WSJ.

Are you aware of the concept of "insurance". It's not called a crap shoot, it's not called a gamble, its not called a lottery, it's called insurance. It's there to insure you against something going wrong. It insures that if something goes wrong that you can fix it. Insure. The insurance companies insure us against health problems. Even denying one single claim for the sake of profits is outrageous.

Given the 45,000 people that the insurance industry kills every year, those are just really harsh words from Chef Jim. Really devastating. I'm sure those execs are shaking in their boots, he really stuck it to them.

I thought only people without insurance died. You'd better get in line with your liberal buddies in DC. That is their mantra right now.

Given the 45,000 people that the insurance industry kills every year, those are just really harsh words from Chef Jim. Really devastating. I'm sure those execs are shaking in their boots, he really stuck it to them.

That's outrageous! With all that power they should be able to kill a lot more than that.

Maybe they do and it's just not talked about so eloquently.

Perhaps we should include the 6.4 billion people outside this country that they don't insure so the numbers would really gross up perhaps by three orders of magnitude.

At what point does something become informative and not "emotional"?

Given the 45,000 people that the insurance industry kills every year

Oooooops....looks like you've taken a step back into your standard ignorant, laughable hyperbole.

Are you still wondering why no one takes your 'arguments' seriously?

I haven't seen Chef Jim agree with any criticism of the insurance companies.

You lose. Including the quote JA mentioned there are these.

Sorry I missed these questions. Ok let me answer them. Question one. First off I won't be getting a pink slip seeing I run my regional center here but let's just assume I do. Next day I get cancer. Do I get emotional? Sure I got !@#$ing cancer. But quess what if I get cancer and no pink slip at some point I'll probably not be able to work and lose my insurance anyway. But I'd have access to several hundred thousand dollars tax free from my life policy that I had the forethought to get to take care of me and my family. Sure helps with the emotions and suckability of the situation. Nice try kiddo. rolleyes.gif

Oh and BTW that's a reason why I said the system needs to change so our health insurance is not tied our employment. Did you miss that part?

Now your statement about insurance companies making excuses and dropping people, I can't answer to that. I don't work in the health insurance industry. The way the current system works needs to be changed no doubt about it. Health insurance needs to be made more affordable and not attached to your employer/employment in any way. That way it would work just like life insurance. You pay for it outside of work and it stays with you as long as you pay for it. No preexisting crap, no dropped coverage when you change jobs etc. I tell people that tell me they have life insurance at work that I don't even consider that as part of their plan. People need to have it outside of work so when they change jobs they're still covered and don't have to worry any preexisting conditions or trying to get re-underwritten.