Who has been the worst NFL team?

LGB

Look at the following teams:

Detroit Lions: When was the last time this team was taken seriously? (The Lions have yet to qualify for the Super Bowl)

Kansas City: They have been so bad, it is surprising that they have any fans left. The Chiefs signed Matt Cassel to a six-year, $63 million contract but the one-time heir apparent to Tom Brady has not been on the field too much during the regular season. Bad luck during a preseason game resulted in a hurt knee for Cassell. (Super Bowl IV remains the club's last championship to date) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kansas_City_Chiefs

Oakland Raiders: This is a team who's owner is most like the Bills; older than dirt and will not give up the control to a real football GM. Passionate fans, but just a sorry team from top to bottom. Sure the Raiders has won three Super Bowls but the Raiders also won a league-worst 24 games during the six full seasons from 2003-2008 (two fewer wins than the 26 posted by the next worst team, the Detroit Lions).

Cleveland: Browns: has experienced fan riots in the dawg pound and the team was 'deactivated' for three years and more recently have had some real instability at QB. During the 2008 season the Browns used four starting quarterbacks: Derek Anderson, Brady Quinn, Ken Dorsey and Bruce Gradkowski. Also, Cleveland has neither hosted nor sent a team to the Super Bowl.

Bad right now...

Tampa Bay: Okay, has this team just given up for 2009? What used to be a good defense is now in shambles. No offense, no run game. This team is starting to look like it did before John Gruden’s SB win in 2002, in the late 1970s and early 1980s, when the team suffered through fourteen consecutive losing seasons. Think having good player personnel and coaching means something?

So it has been tough for Bills fans, but fans from other teams have suffered too and the Bills haven't yet made the list of worst ever teams as rated by over 800 ESPN readers. Look at the Red Sox. Many fans thought they would never reach the promised land. There is always hope that the Bills can turn it around and they have not been the complete worst team and can still be fun to watch at times. Enjoy as much as you can, when you can.

Look at the following teams:

Detroit Lions: When was the last time this team was taken seriously? (The Lions have yet to qualify for the Super Bowl)

Kansas City: They have been so bad, it is surprising that they have any fans left. The Chiefs signed Matt Cassel to a six-year, $63 million contract but the one-time heir apparent to Tom Brady has not been on the field during the regular season. Bad luck during a preseason game resulted in a hurt knee for Cassell. (Super Bowl IV remains the club's last championship to date) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kansas_City_Chiefs

Oakland Raiders: This is a team that who's owner is most like the Bills; older than dirt and will not give up the control to a real football GM. Passionate fans, but just a sorry team from top to bottom. Sure the Raiders has won three Super Bowls but the Raiders also won a league-worst 24 games during the six full seasons from 2003-2008 (two fewer wins than the 26 posted by the next worst team, the Detroit Lions).

Tampa Bay: Okay, has this team just given up? What used to be a good defense is now in shambles. No offense, no run game. This team is starting to look like it did before John Gruden’s SB win in 2002, in the late 1970s and early 1980s, when the team suffered through fourteen consecutive losing seasons. Think having good player personnel and coaching means something?

So it has been tough for Bills fans, but fans from other teams have suffered too and the Bills haven't yet made the list of worst ever teams as rated by over 800 ESPN readers. Look at the Red Sox. Many fans thought they would never reach the promised land. There is always hope that the Bills can turn it around and they have not been the complete worst team and can still be fun to watch at times. Enjoy as much as you can, when you can.

tampa should not be on this list as they have won a super bowl this decade, and have been good much more recently than the Bills and every other mentioned franchise. Cleveland should be on this list as well considering they lose a franchise that goes on to win the super bowl after they get a ****ty expanison team

tampa should not be on this list as they have won a super bowl this decade, and have been good much more recently than the Bills and every other mentioned franchise. Cleveland should be on this list as well considering they lose a franchise that goes on to win the super bowl after they get a ****ty expanison team

i agree. in my recollection, tampa has had a strong defense for a long time. very decent run game for a long time. replace tampa with cleveland.

i agree. in my recollection, tampa has had a strong defense for a long time. very decent run game for a long time. replace tampa with cleveland.

Thanks, I agree about Cleveland and added them - so my point is: it could be worse for Bill's fans and I still think we win 5 games before the bye (the good news) and only one or two after the bye (the bad).

Thanks, I agree about Cleveland and added them - so my point is: it could be worse for Bill's fans and I still think we win 5 games before the bye (the good news) and only one or two after the bye (the bad).

lgb i'm taking one game at a time right now. lets blow out miami first! it could be worse. u r right about that. i just dont want it to get worse. no one on this board wants that.

lgb i'm taking one game at a time right now. lets blow out miami first! it could be worse. u r right about that. i just dont want it to get worse. no one on this board wants that.

At Miami will be run against the run. The fins are probably not going to ask Chad Henne to come out throwing...