Looks like Chicago & Tokyo eliminated

Beerball

I don't mind Rio getting the games....it should be held in South America sometime. I do think it's a disrespect to the USA and USOC to get eliminated in round one that easily. I mean the President flew over there for godsake! The USA should take their billions of dollars in TV rights and support and slice that in half. Let these IOC crumudgeons have a go at making the games successful without so much USA money.

I do think it's a disrespect to the USA and USOC to get eliminated in round one that easily. I mean the President flew over there for godsake!

The US should advance because our rock star President travels across the ocean to beg for his hometown? :D

Sometimes it's not that hard to understand why people hate us.

The US should advance because our rock star President travels across the ocean to beg for his hometown? :D

For me, It's more about the money the US pumps into this thing. To get blown off in the first round? I think it's a slap. just my opinion. I don't really give a crap about the president.

I think it is great Obama was there... Would have looked bad if Chicago won... Now they can show the world that the US CAN be part of the world and be gracious in defeat. I look at it as win-win.

Kinda like the Yankees losing to the Pirates in the WS.

For me, It's more about the money the US pumps into this thing. To get blown off in the first round? I think it's a slap. just my opinion. I don't really give a crap about the president.

It is not a slap... They lost by 5 votes... Remember in the first round the areas that have a stake can't vote. Madrid finished high in round one and got blown away in the final round against Rio.

The voting gives me hope that even small towns can compete for the games.

You will never see the two favorites in the final round.

Maybe Obama HELPED get some of those 18 votes.

Quite frankly, knowing South America has never had an Olympics, I would have voted for them also. How many has the US had? Five I can remember off the top of my head (Lake Placid x2, Atlanta, Los Angles, Salt Lake City). Add in Canada with two I can recall, and it's a no-brainer.

Quite frankly, knowing South America has never had an Olympics, I would have voted for them also. How many has the US had? Five I can remember off the top of my head (Lake Placid x2, Atlanta, Los Angles, Salt Lake City). Add in Canada with two I can recall, and it's a no-brainer.

Yep. Add that I think LA had it twice... Once in the 1930's I think... St. Louis stole Chicago's winning bid in 1904 because they were gonna host another game to compete with the Olympics... Then you have Montreal and Mexico City in North America also.

If Chicago wasn't gonna get it, Rio deserved it!

:wallbash:<_<

Winter Olympics don't count in my book... :censored::censored:

Actually the 1980 Lake Placid games weren't supposed to be in Lake Placid... Didn't the winning bid drop out? I am not sure if that is true, I forget where I heard that???

I was counting Winter, even though they are traditionally smaller in scale.

From Wikipedia...

The only other candidate city to bid for the Games was Vancouver-Garibaldi, British Columbia, Canada; they withdrew before the final vote.

I was counting Winter, even though they are traditionally smaller in scale.

From Wikipedia...

The only other candidate city to bid for the Games was Vancouver-Garibaldi, British Columbia, Canada; they withdrew before the final vote.

Really... Didn't know that... Well, I thinhk they got it now (2010)... :censored:

Vancouver is a great city! We took our honeymoon all through BC!

Wow... 65 bucks for a bobsled run... I guess the rates gotta compete with the float/sea plane rides in the ADK's, which now gotta be in the hundreds... ?? :censored: