Looks like Chicago & Tokyo eliminated

Beerball

Good.

That's one billion dollar boondoggle the taxpayers avoided. Maybe it'll start a trend.

I thought they were estimating 4-5 billion dollar lose would have been expected, with only the city of Chicogo on the hook for about 500 million. Everything else would have been on state and US tax payers.

Funny. I would think "patriotic" Americans would be more disappointed. But hey, anything you can hang on Obama is good, right?

That said, Rio deserved to get the games because they have never been held in South America. And frankly can you imagine the graft involved with holding any event that size in Chicago? They would have spent $5B and no one would be able to tell you where it went.

PTR

I would have loved to see chicago host them, it would have been awesome, and I am glad we sent the big firepower to try to get it. I am very disappointed but think Rio will really 'Bring It!"

Funny. I would think "patriotic" Americans would be more disappointed. But hey, anything you can hang on Obama is good, right?

That said, Rio deserved to get the games because they have never been held in South America. And frankly can you imagine the graft involved with holding any event that size in Chicago? They would have spent $5B and no one would be able to tell you where it went.

PTR

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha....stupid thousands of people in downtown Chicago that leave in utter dissapointment. I fart in your general direction.

Hosting the Olympics is a huge waste of money. Besides, there are enough foreigners here as it is.

I remember hearing that Mayor Daley promised, as part of the application process, that the city would not take on any cost over-run burden. As part of the final selection process IOC comes out with paperwork that basically tells Chicago that if they want to stay in the running they have to pick up the added costs, not the IOC.

Smooth.