Is there IR in Bills?

This year it seems to be broken bones. Not sure what a strength and conditioning coach can do to prevent that? If they can weather these next few games, alot of our wounded will be coming back. Of course, we could still lose more too! It doesn't seem like it, but many teams are being devastated by injuries. The good teams have depth and work their way through it.

This year it seems to be broken bones. Not sure what a strength and conditioning coach can do to prevent that? If they can weather these next few games, alot of our wounded will be coming back. Of course, we could still lose more too! It doesn't seem like it, but many teams are being devastated by injuries. The good teams have depth and work their way through it.

adamantium

maybe those broken bones are caused by the side effects of some chemical being introduced to those player's body.

something which may cause bones to become more brittle than normal

or maybe its just a really big coincidence

lifting weights strengthens bones, muscles, ligaments, tendons everything

maybe those broken bones are caused by the side effects of some chemical being introduced to those player's body.

something which may cause bones to become more brittle than normal

or maybe its just a really big coincidence

Extended use of consuming a great deal of protein could cause bone brittleness, although most of these guys would most likely be too young for that to occur.

Maybe we need to bring back our old strength and conditioning coach Rusty. I have never seen a team that loses so many players. It's becoming the same old song and dance - the MASH unit at One Bills Drive.

In fairness, check out what happened to Seattle last season.... And I remember the Bills have some big injury years in the mid-90's after the Super Bowl run....

Sadly, sometimes the breaks just go against you...

JDG

Plus we're quick to put starters on IR to free up a roster spot so we can keep players who are only STers (McIntyre, Wendling, Corto, etc ...)

At this point, I'd argue that Wendling is a more valuable player to the Bills than McKelvin was. Wendling has been a terror all year on special teams, and he is making several plays a game that are giving us important field position.

On the other hand, I have not seen a big drop off from McKelving to Florence, Corner, and Yobouty. In fact, McKelvin still has not seemed to play fundamentally sound to me - its actually possible that our secondary might be in better shape without him...

JDG

Damn, McKelvin too..

If the NFL does extend the season, they're going to have to expand the rosters. We're losing players every week! :wallbash:

They should expand them now. No reason to have an inactive list. Dress all players and the injured ones sit.

They should expand them now. No reason to have an inactive list. Dress all players and the injured ones sit.

But that would give an even further advantage to teams with fewer injuries....

Right now the inactive list functions as a short-term injured reserve, while ensuring that teams are essentially playing 45-on-45 football...

JDG

But that would give an even further advantage to teams with fewer injuries....

Right now the inactive list functions as a short-term injured reserve, while ensuring that teams are essentially playing 45-on-45 football...

JDG

Good point. Just expand the rosters to 53.

At this point, I'd argue that Wendling is a more valuable player to the Bills than McKelvin was. Wendling has been a terror all year on special teams, and he is making several plays a game that are giving us important field position.

On the other hand, I have not seen a big drop off from McKelving to Florence, Corner, and Yobouty. In fact, McKelvin still has not seemed to play fundamentally sound to me - its actually possible that our secondary might be in better shape without him...

JDG

Don't introduce facts in tirades designed to belittle posters' personal whipping boys.