Newsflash: The Bills roster is extremely thin

BillsVet

Jim Kelly lobbied for years to have Tasker play receiver full time, and when he did play WR he made plays. I would bet that Taskers ratio of TD to catch is best among Buffalo Players with more than 10 receptions.

not even close to Butch Rolle!!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What facts? That you are reacting like a teenage girl after 3 games? These are all you and your miserable crew's opinions. Pull up your skirt and act like a man.

Wow. You are quite the "Internet tough guy".

Seriously, if the Bills give you this much giref, why don't you find a new hobby? Because if somethign made me as miserable and bitter as it does you, I won't waste my time with it. Not much else going on in your life huh?

:thumbsup:

As BillsVet pointed out, what a typical expected response from you.

Your passive aggressive responses are quite humorous. What else you got?

But here's a question for you: Why don't you take your own advice/suggestions?

You go find a new hobby. Shouldn't be hard. It's quite obvious "less than successful" results seem to please you.

Converting Nic Harris back to safety is another indication they're throwing stuff at a wall thinking it'll stick.

Or maybe he actually is pretty good at the position and the Bills just had too many safeties at the time?

It would be like if you are a native English speaker, then you are forced to speak a foreign language for 5 months straight, and then when they look for someone to be an English translator, everyone thinks its a bad idea because you are now a foreign language speaker and not an English speaker...

makes no sense....the guy played safety his whole life, and now all of a sudden he has forgotten how to play it after a few months?

What facts? That you are reacting like a teenage girl after 3 games? These are all you and your miserable crew's opinions. Pull up your skirt and act like a man.

I hope someday you'll look back at your responses in this thread and be embarrassed.

Or maybe he actually is pretty good at the position and the Bills just had too many safeties at the time?

How many safeties in the NFL do you think run a 4.85 40? Because that's what Harris ran at the combine. You cannot be that slow and play in the secondary in the NFL. Perhaps in HS, not in the pros.

Teams cannot flip players around and expect that guy to excel at multiple positions. Safety to LB back to safety. The game is too complex for rookies to know how to play vastly different positions. If the Bills is such a safety talent, why was he immediately moved to LB upon being drafted?

I hope someday you'll look back at your responses in this thread and be embarrassed.

Doubt it. Every time he gets stumped by reality and facts, he starts attacking the poster or posters.

It's a C.Biscuit97 posting recipe:

1. Make up crap or at the very least, sugar coat the heck out of it

2. Have other posters call out and challenge the "facts"

3. Get passive aggressive, and start personal attacks against the poster or posters.

Its not 1 bad game. Its that this season has begun to reflect of what everyone has expected of dick jauron. There's no sign of any change. We're headed down the same road that we have been on the past 3 years. All the signs are there, whether you choose to recognize them or not.

1. We are off to a slow start (1-2). jauron coached teams often start slow and finish slow (2008 was an outlier).

2. We found a way to lose against a better team in a game we should have won. jauron coached teams are always coming up small in big games and finding ways to lose. this has happened enough times in his 3 years at the helm.

3. The team has showed that it is trying to keep it close, rather than trying to win.

4. Trent stubbornly and utterly refuses to throw the ball to WRs. He's so afraid of making a mistake (a trait no doubt ingrained in his head by our gutless HC) that he refuses to try to make any plays.

I will concede these points to you. I hope that one day you will acknowledge just how poorly this current team was built. Jauron and Levy, 2 Ivy League grads, all but destroyed this franchise by building it ass freaking backwards.

On Sunday Byrd will be starting. He is the guy that the Bills just had to draft instead of trading the pick for the first round selection in 2010 of a team that sucks (Carolina). There is every chance of it being a top 10 pick, but we had to take yet another defensive back. :thumbsup:

Kenny Philips, a much better safety than Whitner, might never play another game. It won't kill the Giants because their DL is that strong and deep. Levy and Jauron drafted like pussies. Jauron coaches like a kitty.

Please face the truth my young friend. :sick:

Really? How long have you lived in Florida? Have you attended any Bills Backers bars to watch the game?

You might want to. Just for a reality check. My guess is you will find the atmosphere a little "idiotic".

I don't see how me living in Florida has relevance to people wishing the Bills would lose.

I get it that the Bills aren't playing good. I get it we haven't been to the playoffs. I get it people don't like Jauron.

But wishing your/my supposed team loses is enough, for me, to question your existence. So ya, regardless of the bar, if someone kept spewing on and on about hoping the Bills would lose so we could get a different coach, I'd expect he'd be silenced.

And not sure why you need to know this either, but I watch the games at home, maybe for this very reason!

Lastly, people like the OP and others here ARE my reality check. But I have to agree with Biscuit in that it's one thing to complain about a game the Bills lost. That's why we're here. But to forecast misery is selfish and stupid. If you truly feel that the Bills are going to suck all season long, don't watch. Don't follow the team, and don't come here. Frankly, I find it very confusing that people who feel this way still bother with the team. Are you that confused, or is it the love for misery?? I just don't get it....

I don't see how me living in Florida has relevance to people wishing the Bills would lose.

You referenced "any local Buffalo area bar". Obviously, you haven't been to "any local Buffalo area bar" in quite awhile.

I get it that the Bills aren't playing good. I get it we haven't been to the playoffs. I get it people don't like Jauron.

But wishing your/my supposed team loses is enough, for me, to question your existence. So ya, regardless of the bar, if someone kept spewing on and on about hoping the Bills would lose so we could get a different coach, I'd expect he'd be silenced.

In a more "prosperous" time, I would agree with you.

And while I do not agree with the sentiments of the "Bills should purposely lose to get a desired result", I do understand the concept (and pain) behind it.

And I also realize that type of posting has more to do with frustration and venting than actual desire.

And not sure why you need to know this either, but I watch the games at home, maybe for this very reason!

That's part of the point. If you HAD attended any local Buffalo area bar, or even some the Bills backers bars where you live, you would see such "idiocy" exists there also. Such "idiocy" is not limited to just this board. It exists on all Bills boards, because it exists in all of Bills fan nation.

Lastly, people like the OP and others here ARE my reality check. But I have to agree with Biscuit in that it's one thing to complain about a game the Bills lost. That's why we're here.

It's interesting you mention the OP (BillsVet) and Biscuit in the same paragraph, considering those two do not agree on numerous issues. One of those issues is who should be able to post.

But to forecast misery is selfish and stupid. If you truly feel that the Bills are going to suck all season long, don't watch. Don't follow the team, and don't come here. Frankly, I find it very confusing that people who feel this way still bother with the team. Are you that confused, or is it the love for misery?? I just don't get it....

And I will tell you like I would anybody else who believes a dissenting opinion should not post here: follow your own advice/suggestion.

Instead of telling somebody what they should or should not do because it makes your "fan experience" more tolerable, you should make the changes to your habits that make your "fan experience" more tolerable to you.

If reading someone's negative opinion bothers you that much, then don't read it. If the board has become too negative for you, go to another board. But I am afraid you will be disappointed with any board you end up choosing.

When you said you don't get it. You were right. Just know, we are all Bills fans. We all want the same thing. We just do not agree on how and in what way it takes to get there.

You referenced "any local Buffalo area bar". Obviously, you haven't been to "any local Buffalo area bar" in quite awhile.

In a more "prosperous" time, I would agree with you.

And while I do not agree with the sentiments of the "Bills should purposely lose to get a desired result", I do understand the concept (and pain) behind it.

And I also realize that type of posting has more to do with frustration and venting than actual desire.

That's part of the point. If you HAD attended any local Buffalo area bar, or even some the Bills backers bars where you live, you would see such "idiocy" exists there also. Such "idiocy" is not limited to just this board. It exists on all Bills boards, because it exists in all of Bills fan nation.

It's interesting you mention the OP (BillsVet) and Biscuit in the same paragraph, considering those two do not agree on numerous issues. One of those issues is who should be able to post.

And I will tell you like I would anybody else who believes a dissenting opinion should not post here: follow your own advice/suggestion.

Instead of telling somebody what they should or should not do because it makes your "fan experience" more tolerable, you should make the changes to your habits that make your "fan experience" more tolerable to you.

If reading someone's negative opinion bothers you that much, then don't read it. If the board has become too negative for you, go to another board. But I am afraid you will be disappointed with any board you end up choosing.

When you said you don't get it. You were right. Just know, we are all Bills fans. We all want the same thing. We just do not agree on how and in what way it takes to get there.

You're wrong about me not being in a local Buffalo area bar in a while, but whatever....

The mere fact that you say you can "understand the concept" of wishing your favorite team to lose just tells me we're going to need to agree to disagree. I understand frustration, but not so much so that I wish my team would lose. Luckily, I don't have to watch the games with those people. My statement about the OP and Biscuit was exactly what you said about it, they're on opposite sides of the "fan fence", so not sure what you meant there.

I went to a "Bills bar" last season for every game. There were only a handful (maybe 12-20) Bills fans who showed up each week. Not once, not even a little, did anyone suggest the team should lose so Dick could get fired. I do want to say again that I am just as frustrated as everyone else about the Bills, just not enough to wish they would lose.

Regarding the rest of your post, maybe you're right. Maybe I should go elsewhere if misery is to be the norm here. But I would disagree with you that the majority here are that miserable. Most of us are sick and tired of the same old crap rolled out year after year. We're sick of Coach Jauron's approach, blah blah blah. But most of us would not WISH the team to lose, that's all I'm trying to say.

My life consists of much more than just the Buffalo Bills, so my emotions are typically reserved for Sundays with the occasional Monday hangover (if the loss warrants it). After that, I'm on to the next week. I should not expect others to be the same.

BTW, I wouldn't REALLY punch another person in the throat for saying out loud that he wishes the Bills would lose on purpose to get rid of the coach, I was just pointing out the stupidity of actually wishing that. In the same sense, I'm sure most people who initially say that don't REALLY want the Bills to lose, they're just frustrated and desparate.

We'd get along in real life, I'm certain of it. Here, maybe not so much.... :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: I like a lot of posters here but an internet message board is not high on my list of priorities in life. I stand by everything I posted. I don't think the team is nearly as bad as some what to make it out to be. And again if I did, I'd find better ways to spend my time that just keep saying how bad they are on this board. But I'm going to enjoy the next 14 weeks of fooball and don't need people trying to ruin the experience for me. I'd like to actually talk football but there are really many threads to do so lately.

Wow. You are quite the "Internet tough guy".

I've content with myself and won't back down to anyone but I fail to see how that post was "internet tough guy." You and soem your crew whine like little girls (or boys, whatever you prefer).

Bottomline is people like you like to promote your own misery on other people. so for the good of the board, I'll just ignore you and enjoy the season while you sit behind your computer screen and pray the Bills screw up so you can be right on a message board. :thumbsup:

You're wrong about me not being in a local Buffalo area bar in a while, but whatever....

The mere fact that you say you can "understand the concept" of wishing your favorite team to lose just tells me we're going to need to agree to disagree. I understand frustration, but not so much so that I wish my team would lose. Luckily, I don't have to watch the games with those people. My statement about the OP and Biscuit was exactly what you said about it, they're on opposite sides of the "fan fence", so not sure what you meant there.

I went to a "Bills bar" last season for every game. There were only a handful (maybe 12-20) Bills fans who showed up each week. Not once, not even a little, did anyone suggest the team should lose so Dick could get fired. I do want to say again that I am just as frustrated as everyone else about the Bills, just not enough to wish they would lose.

Regarding the rest of your post, maybe you're right. Maybe I should go elsewhere if misery is to be the norm here. But I would disagree with you that the majority here are that miserable. Most of us are sick and tired of the same old crap rolled out year after year. We're sick of Coach Jauron's approach, blah blah blah. But most of us would not WISH the team to lose, that's all I'm trying to say.

My life consists of much more than just the Buffalo Bills, so my emotions are typically reserved for Sundays with the occasional Monday hangover (if the loss warrants it). After that, I'm on to the next week. I should not expect others to be the same.

BTW, I wouldn't REALLY punch another person in the throat for saying out loud that he wishes the Bills would lose on purpose to get rid of the coach, I was just pointing out the stupidity of actually wishing that. In the same sense, I'm sure most people who initially say that don't REALLY want the Bills to lose, they're just frustrated and desparate.

We'd get along in real life, I'm certain of it. Here, maybe not so much.... :thumbsup:

Misery loves company. Don't apologize for not wanting the Bills to lose. Good post.

:D I like a lot of posters here but an internet message board is not high on my list of priorities in life. I stand by everything I posted. I don't think the team is nearly as bad as some what to make it out to be. And again if I did, I'd find better ways to spend my time that just keep saying how bad they are on this board. But I'm going to enjoy the next 14 weeks of fooball and don't need people trying to ruin the experience for me. I'd like to actually talk football but there are really many threads to do so lately.

If an internet message board is not a high priority, why do you let yourself get bothered by people posting negative messages about the Bills? Just ignore them and move on, don't continually post content-free insults to people who are actually commenting about the games.

If an internet message board is not a high priority, why do you let yourself get bothered by people posting negative messages about the Bills? Just ignore them and move on, don't continually post content-free insults to people who are actually commenting about the games.

You're right. I just hate the negavity that surrounds one of my favorite pasttimes. I'll try harder to ignore it and say the insults. Sorry if I offended.

You're right. I just hate the negavity that surrounds one of my favorite pasttimes. I'll try harder to ignore it and say the insults. Sorry if I offended.

It's all good man. :D Not offended, just perhaps seeing more of value than you do in some of the posts getting attacked as "negative".