Newsflash: The Bills roster is extremely thin

BillsVet

He started running a no huddle. He fired his OC because he wasn't getting the job done. He hired Bob Sanders, who has done a great job with the d-line. He outcoached the homeless hoodie in NE. He shut down the best offense in football.

Jauron is a million times better than you give him credit for. BUT IT'S ALL THE COAHCES' FAULT!!!

How did he outcoach Belichick? The Bills lost, and we're dominated in every category. Plus the final five minutes of the game -- crunch time, as it were -- were completely dominated by NE. Everything from the unstoppability of NE's offense to the tactics on the kickoff (forcing the hands team for the Bills to be out there) to the pressure on Edwards in the last minute points to Belichick being the better coach at the end of the day.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It wasn't like Tasker was major depth either!

Actually, Tasker was quite productive when actually given an opportunity to play his natural position of wide receiver. Unfortunately, it was late in his career and he had problems with his health. No one could cover the guy one on one, though.

How did he outcoach Belichick? The Bills lost, and we're dominated in every category. Plus the final five minutes of the game -- crunch time, as it were -- were completely dominated by NE. Everything from the unstoppability of NE's offense to the tactics on the kickoff (forcing the hands team for the Bills to be out there) to the pressure on Edwards in the last minute points to Belichick being the better coach at the end of the day.

Keep using those stats. Bottomline, they led the whole game and McKelvin fumbled the ball.

Keep using those stats. Bottomline, they led the whole game and McKelvin fumbled the ball.

Bottom line:

Patriots* 25

Bills 24

Only a Jauron apologist gives a s*** about "moral" victories.

Only a Jauron apologist accepts and embraces mediocrity.

Only a Jauron apologist thinks it's ok for a team to not "finish".

Only a Jauron apologist thinks a 7-9 record is "miraculous".

Only a Bills hater would find this acceptable for the Bills to be like this.

I'm using the stats because they're indicative. As for picking out random plays, the Pats would have gone up 20-17 with over 2 minutes to go if Schoebel hadn't made a freaky TD.

Also what makes you think that the Bills would have made a first down if McKelvin hadn't fumbled? I had no faith the Bills would win after they went down 24-19. I hate to be right about that, but there you have it.

I would think that after rebuilding the team since 2006 that Buffalo could feature slightly better depth and contend for a division title. But there are enough fans happy to have a team and not really interested in having being good.

And why are we supposed to accept that DJ is good enough in December, when the coaching axe is coming down across the league.

Too many Bills fans accept mediocrity and explain it away with wimpy excuses. Indy and Pittsburgh are small markets.

The Bills don't draft well, over-draft certain units like the secondary, and seem to like to pick 'tweeners a lot.

They trade up for players which I don't think you do unless you're already a playoff team.

They project players into spots that they're not really suited for IMO.

Also, they can't seem to put together a decent receiving unit.

I'm using the stats because they're indicative. As for picking out random plays, the Pats would have gone up 20-17 with over 2 minutes to go if Schoebel hadn't made a freaky TD.

Also what makes you think that the Bills would have made a first down if McKelvin hadn't fumbled? I had no faith the Bills would win after they went down 24-19. I hate to be right about that, but there you have it.

People blame McKelvin for blowing the game because it is simple to do. The fact is that even if McKelvin takes a knee or managed to get down rather than being stood up and stripped, the Bills offense wasn't putting together sustained drives. Data: the Bills had 1 drive consisting of more than 7 plays while the Pats* had 6 such drives. It's entirely likely the Bills punt the ball and the Pats* only needed 3 plays and 66 seconds to score as it was. So, McKelvins fumble was bad, but the defense was stout like wet toilet paper when it counted, giving the Patriots the same old Tampa-2 zone and letting them score quickly. And, the offense failed as well. Given :50 in the game, the no-huddle attack could only get 5 plays off (you absolutely cannot have sacks in that situation -- the Bills gave up 2) and only got to their own 30 yard line when a FG would've won the game.

It's still a team game. Special teams failed in the clutch. Defense failed in the clutch. Offense failed in the clutch.

[Edit: had times backwards.]

People blame McKelvin for blowing the game because it is simple to do. The fact is that even if McKelvin takes a knee or managed to get down rather than being stood up and stripped, the Bills offense wasn't putting together sustained drives. Data: the Bills had 1 drive consisting of more than 7 plays while the Pats* had 6 such drives. It's entirely likely the Bills punt the ball and the Pats* only needed 3 plays and 50 seconds to score as it was. So, McKelvins fumble was bad, but the defense was stout like wet toilet paper when it counted, giving the Patriots the same old Tampa-2 zone and letting them score quickly. And, the offense failed as well. Given 1:06 in the game, the no-huddle attack could only get 5 plays off (you absolutely cannot have sacks in that situation) and only got to their own 30 yard line when a FG would've won the game.

It's still a team game. Special teams failed in the clutch. Defense failed in the clutch. Offense failed in the clutch.

Jauron ball!!

Sorry, i prefer offensive production over potential mistakes. Taking care of the ball doesn't mean **** when your offense puts up 0 points. I'll take 2 TDs and 1 INT every single week over 0 TDs and 0 INTs.

I agree......I would take more mistakes more points over kicking field goals and praying to god our defense holds the other team down all game......

This is not working.

I agree......I would take more mistakes more points over kicking field goals and praying to god our defense holds the other team down all game......

This is not working.

This is the way Jauron coaches a game. We have seen this same act for several years now and it just

doesn't work against average to above average teams.

Jauron does nothing to put the game over the top, and at least a couple times a year will cost you a game.

JMO.

This is not working.

Dickeradoo ball has worked 1 time out of 8 to sneak in the tournament and get stomped flat. Mike Brown and those overtime miracle pick 6 plays among others saved a singular season. The probability of making such plays though is clearly very low.

Dickeradoo ball has worked 1 time out of 8 to sneak in the tournament and get stomped flat. Mike Brown and those overtime miracle pick 6 plays among others saved a singular season. The probability of making such plays though is clearly very low.

JauronBall™ ruining football for Bills fans since 2006....

The Bills don't draft well, over-draft certain units like the secondary, and seem to like to pick 'tweeners a lot.

They trade up for players which I don't think you do unless you're already a playoff team.

They project players into spots that they're not really suited for IMO.

Also, they can't seem to put together a decent receiving unit.

They also use high picks to replace departed free agents. Whitner replaced Milloy, Lynch replaced McGahee, Posluszy replaced Fletcher, McKelvin replaced Clements, et al. How can a team ever improve if they're getting younger each season?

The Bills have not traded down in a draft in years, and instead of invoking the Parcells mindset, get rid of picks to move up when they're in need all over the place.

The OT and LB depth is razor thin, and yes, they do over-draft DB's which shouldn't come as any surprise. When you spend precious resources on DB's, not surprisingly they're thin at places like OL and DT.

It's been amateur hour at OBD since Marv took over. The act has changed, but the result remains the same:mediocrity.

Excuse me, but Wendling was awesome last week on ST. It wasn't like Tasker was major depth either!

Jim Kelly lobbied for years to have Tasker play receiver full time, and when he did play WR he made plays. I would bet that Taskers ratio of TD to catch is best among Buffalo Players with more than 10 receptions.

Bottom line:

Patriots* 25

Bills 24

Only a Jauron apologist gives a s*** about "moral" victories.

Only a Jauron apologist accepts and embraces mediocrity.

Only a Jauron apologist thinks it's ok for a team to not "finish".

Only a Jauron apologist thinks a 7-9 record is "miraculous".

Only a Bills hater would find this acceptable for the Bills to be like this.

Seriously, if the Bills give you this much giref, why don't you find a new hobby? Because if somethign made me as miserable and bitter as it does you, I won't waste my time with it. Not much else going on in your life huh?

Seriously, if the Bills give you this much giref, why don't you find a new hobby? Because if somethign made me as miserable and bitter as it does you, I won't waste my time with it. Not much else going on in your life huh?

This is your standard response anytime facts are interjected into the argument. It's weak, uninspired, and ridiculous.

I, like most posters on this board enjoy the Bills. But both myself and many others cannot stand to see the team continue to make bad personnel moves, retain a bad head coach, and lose games in the most painful fashion.

People come to this board to discuss the team, and when they're not winning, they're going to talk about it. Keep defending the team like you did last year when they imploded down the stretch. And then we'll get to your favorite part of the year: the off-season. From January through July you can wax prophetic about how the team will be better next season.

This is your standard response anytime facts are interjected into the argument. It's weak, uninspired, and ridiculous.

I, like most posters on this board enjoy the Bills. But both myself and many others cannot stand to see the team continue to make bad personnel moves, retain a bad head coach, and lose games in the most painful fashion.

People come to this board to discuss the team, and when they're not winning, they're going to talk about it. Keep defending the team like you did last year when they imploded down the stretch. And then we'll get to your favorite part of the year: the off-season. From January through July you can wax prophetic about how the team will be better next season.

What facts? That you are reacting like a teenage girl after 3 games? These are all you and your miserable crew's opinions. Pull up your skirt and act like a man.